GRACIA M. BURNS
Performance-driven and technically skilled administrative professional with a versatile administrative support skill set developed through experience as an office manager, administrative assistant and project manager. Excel in resolving employer challenges with innovative solutions, systems and process improvements proven to increase efficiency, customer satisfaction and the bottom line. Offer advanced computer skills in MS Office Suite.
• Database Creation
• Proficient in Microsoft office
• Office Management
• Travel Arrangements
• Records Management
• Detail oriented
• Calendar management
• Conference call arrangement
• Personal Assistant
• Report & Document Preparation
• Average typing speed, 65WPM
• Problem Solving
• Spreadsheet & Database Creation
• Project Management
• Time Management
• Staff Development & Training
• Customer Service
• Expense reporting
• Office Supplies
• Meeting & Event Planning
• Graphic design/Print
Experis, ManpowerGroup 01/2011 to 04/2012
Field Support Administrator (FSA)
• Responsible for performing the day-to-day branch administrative
• Responsible for preparing various branch reports and preparing spreadsheets (e.g., headcount report, board report, etc.)
• Conduct new employee on boarding and orientations
• Background checks for candidates, processed according to client guidelines
• Main branch contact for consultant communications, trouble-shooting and issue resolution.
• Work with Management to implement new procedures, initiatives and project completion
• Responsible for the preparation of accounting documents such as check requests, expense reports,
• Resolve payroll issues
• Greet visitors, answers phones, and direct to appropriate department or individual.
• Mail distribution, travel arrangements, office supply and equipment orders, property management liaison, IT point of contact, etc.
• Served as contact for our marketing team on special projects.
• Creation of the Experis IT Austin Consultant Newsletter
• Created a Training presentation for all FSA’s throughout the country to better utilize a new background/ drug screen Vendor.
• Created images (Graphic Design) to be used during the IT Expo. 70% increase in visitors to the Experis booth which caused an increase in clients, vendors and consultants to the company.
Kelly Services 5/2010 to 10/2010 Executive Assistant, Kelly Services In-House-Temp
• Responsible for providing overall administrative support to the department and the Associate Director level position or above to whom it reports
• Calendar management
• Maintains travel itineraries and calendar for supervisor and other department members as requested
• Assists in proofing and submission of timesheets and expense reports following Director's signature
• Worked on special projects on an as-needed basis
• Answers, screens, and directs incoming calls, visitors, and correspondence
• Presentation Preparation
• Schedules and coordinates meetings both internally and externally
• Department Records/ Personnel Files- Liaison for the Austin/ San Antonio territory
• Maintains strict confidentiality of corporate records, transactions, and work in progress
• Assists in the development of computerized systems and forms
• Document and report compliance/ preparation
Department of Aging and Disability Services 5/2007 to 5/2010
• Performed advanced clerical, technical and program administrative duties to relieve Program Administrator of routine administrative details. Work involved clerical tasks, maintaining file room, databases and logs, assigning work to staff, and preparing routine and special reports.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to function under pressure and meet deadlines
• Coordinated and tracked assignments and activities between organizational units of the agency, as well as statewide between state facilities. Assists manager in maintaining communication with key stakeholders and coordinates special projects such as Surrogate Consent Committee (SCC) Volunteer Training and Hearings. Coordinates with Intermediate Care Facility for People with Mental Retardation or Related Conditions (ICF/MR/RC) and other community organizations in planning and implementing regularly scheduled SCC Training and Hearings.
• Screened and prepared routine and non- routine correspondence and other incoming documents and inquiries prepared and sends out volunteer training information.
• Worked with complex computer applications, spreadsheets, databases and tracking systems used in
the collection and verification of submitted data.
• Assisted in the development, implementation and evaluation of goals, objectives, policies and procedures ensuring compliance with rules and regulations.
• Improved volunteer recruiting techniques producing a 25% increase in volunteers yearly.
• Systems created for updating volunteers on a regular basis to avoid time and travel to train new
• Created the SDM website allowing facilities the ability to contact the SDM program and retrieve
updated forms. All documents required by state regulations are available on the SDM website.
• Created a process for purging inactive cases along with a list of all consumers and case numbers
throughout the history of the program
Department of Family and Protective Services 1/2006 to 5/2007
Administrative Assistant II
• Ensured callers to Statewide Intake, the 24 hour a day DFPS program that accepts reports of abuse/neglect of children; abuse/neglect/exploitation of elderly or disabled adults -- were routed appropriately and the information accepted by SWI Protective Services Specialists is received by regional staff and law enforcement for further action.
• Notified law enforcement of all intakes received related to Child Protective Services and Child Care Licensing. Assisted in initiating DFPS investigations by notifying regional DFPS caseworkers of high priority intakes.
Administrative Assistant II
• Provided administrative support to unit supervisor and staff.
• Performed data entry into IMPACT and other electronic programs and systems.
• Answered and screened telephone inquiries; routed messages and records intake information for referral to caseworkers.
• Prepared and maintained statistical reports, leave and personnel records, case control systems, case records and related files for the unit.
• Functioned as the unit timekeeper and processed purchase orders as directed.
• Typed correspondence, forms narratives, travel vouchers, meeting notes, performance evaluations, and other documents to support work of the unit and files related documents.
• Provided program and agency information and/or made referrals to other community resources.
• Greeted visitors, responded to general questions, and directed callers to proper location.
• Performed other duties as assigned and required to maintain unit operations.
?MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook) ? Windows (all) ? Lotus Notes? KSN? Mobius Reports? Photoshop ?