I've literally been an artist since I could hold a crayon. I love all mediums, I even wanted to explore graffiti, but never got around to that one. Drawing was my first love....drawing...whether it was with a pencil, pen, pastels or charcoal. For what ever reason, I was always drawn to people. A lot of my early work, in school was drawing and illustrating people.
Painting was a forbidden world to me, until my emotions got the best of me...and the paints were there, a canvas...and I had invested in an easel. So I finally let go of my fear of painting, in 2006. I started with Acrylics and now I also work with Watercolor. I plan to add oils to this list asap!
One of my many goals in life, is to continue to grow & become more skilled as a Fine Artist and Illustrator, which will definitely come in time.
Shanda S. Ferguson
- Knowledge of all art mediums
- Design sketching and fashion Illustration
- Microsoft Programs such as Word, Excel, Office & Outlook
- High color and fashion sense
- Ability to work in team environment as well as independently
Fashion Illustrator 2011
VH1 – Single Ladies
- Provided fashion illustrations for scenes for new series, debuts in May ‘11
New illustrations were created based on what client needed and also
provided illustrations from my portfolio.
Freelance Fine Artist/Illustrator 2001 - Present
- Communication & brainstorming with clients via phone, email & internet
- Daily sketching & brainstorming for personal projects (birthdays, weddings, etc.)
- Reading & Studying various techniques
- Participating in Art Shows & Fairs
Education: Georgia Perimeter College, Dunwoody, GA 2007 - 2008 The Art Institute of Atlanta, Dunwoody, GA 2000 – 2001
Awards: Excellent Work Ethic Award 2004