Greeting from the Work at Home Grandma.
Copyhound was created a few years ago when I decided to make some changes in my life. I was working the 9 to 5 grind when suddenly I found myself in a medical crisis. While I was in recovery, my son made the comment that I was like a different person since I stopped working. Wow, that really set me a back a pace or two. Had I really been so absorbed with my job that I had forgotten who I was and what was important to me?
I call myself the Work at Home Grandma as my grandchildren are the biggest part of my heart. Working on my own freelance business allows me to spend quality as well as quantity time with them.
My dream was to spend my time creating fiction that would appeal to a vast audience but yet be so close to home that it touched hearts. I realized then that fact is stranger than fiction and I began to write my stories garnering their basis off the many life experiences that had come my way.
The Rubies Family Saga was the first of these endeavors and it was followed by many other stories of true life experiences. Perhaps you have a story that you’d like to tell but don’t know how to begin. Perhaps you are just getting started in business and need good advertising copy. Telling your story is the best place to begin whether it is a book or a marketing letter.
My website offers tips of all kinds to freelancers looking to start a business whether it be in writing, sales or affiliate marketing. My free monthly newsletter gives bonus ideas for marketers and writer alike.
Check out samples on the website or at my blog at www.freelancewithcopyhound.com
Find out about the Rubies Saga: http://amzn.to/1PJEQRa
Freelance Writer and Business Owner - Website www.freelancewithcopyhound.com
President and Owner of Copyhound
• A freelance copywriting business experienced in direct sales letters, informational articles, proposals, insurance marketing, web copy, blogs, resumes, and case study
• Successfully completed 5 books
o Rubies Family Saga - Amazon - 4 Book series publication 2014.
Rubies-Escaping the curse. Book 1 - The Beginning Book 2 - The Widening Road Book 3 - Sins of the Mothers Book 4 - Saying Good-bye
o Memoir entailing struggle to overcome rare cerebral vascular disease
Published author since 1992.
• Credits include Animals Voice, Pets: part of the family, Best Friends, Adventures of the Average Woman and Only For Pet Lovers Online Magazine. Featured writer for Pets Across America, September 2008 and Spring 2011, Amazon.com. Published in six Christian Books for Good Catch Publishing. Memoir entitled, God’s Gracious Gift published in Fall of 2011.
Managed telemarketing units for various venues.
• Excelled in scripting proposals to bring unit to top of company.
Organized world-wide seminar encompassing Europe, Australia and Africa
• Revenues grossed 150% from previous years
Guardian Insurance Company
Proposal Administrator and Sales Support Associate 1988 to present
• Effective client liaison between brokers and sales staff and underwriters
• Enhance sales by scripting proposals and design set up for presentation to corporations, schools and counties. Assist Regional Group Director in presentation of proposals
• Coordinate and compile new business and sold case submissions.
• Write marketing letters to be used by individual brokers and also in-house sales projects.
Good Catch Publishing Beaverton, OR
Freelance Writer May 2007 to December 2007
• Conducted two hour interview with each storyteller to formulate their life story
• Wrote life story from first person viewpoint, demonstrating their background,
essential life moments and ultimate life events.
• Typed, formatted, and reviewed needed changes to prepare for publication
Prime Net Marketing
Telemarketing Manager 1985 to 1987
• Supervised Telemarketing Unit - 30 employees
• Directed implementation of client products into telemarketing scripts and presentations
Shian & Associates
Administrative Liaison 1983 to 1986
• Developed and Maintained Business Contacts
• Compiled proposals, applications and insurance related documents
• Problem solving and administrative support
Integro International - Carlson Companies
Seminar Coordinator 1980 to 1983
• Managed set up of seminars for personal growth, business orientation, company interaction
• Conceptualized and organized seminars across the United States and World-wide.
AWAI - American Writers and Artists Institute
Ude and Blue Writing Services
Writer's Digest Novel Writing Workshop
Long Ridge Writers Group
References: Available upon request