13900 Chestnut Drive
Eden Prairie, MN 55344
UPSHER-SMITH LABORATORIES, INC. February 2012 to Present
Pharmaceutical Marketing Manager Consultant
• Supporting best-in-class launches in emerging markets and continually supporting all pharmaceutical partners throughout the process.
• Ensuring full compliance with internal policies and guidelines, as well as meeting legal and regulatory requirements while engaging agencies and Healthcare Professionals.
• Developing, managing and executing email and mobile text messaging for pharmaceutical brand campaigns and ecommerce.
• Establishing marketing channel benchmarks, summarizing key insights, and recommending actions to improve performance of pharmaceutical marketing programs.
• Supporting broader business and portfolio strategies.
• Adhering to annual pharmaceutical marketing channel budget.
UNITEDHEALTHCARE, MINNETONKA, MN September 2011 to January 2012
Medicare & Retirement Group Operational Readiness Consultant
• Collaborating with Medicare & Retirement Operation areas to review, analyze and oversee policies and procedures to ensure compliance with Centers for Medicare & Medicaid requirements.
• Consulting and coordinating with Medicare Regulatory Reporting Team on regulatory requirements.
• Taking point on special projects related to the operations and administration, for improvement initiatives driven by business needs (e.g., AEP Readiness, speed to market, member impact reduction, etc.).
• Working with internal business SMEs to gather business requirements or reporting requirements.
• Defining and documenting business processes and system processes, as they related to the problems being solved.
• Supporting business partners and end users through issue management and prioritization, resolution, verification, training and communication.
• Recommending and implementing documentation; evaluating and maintaining policies, procedures and controls.
• Monitoring of day-to-day operations and processes.
UNITEDHEALTHCARE, MINNETONKA, MN April 2011 to September 2011
Medicare & Retirement Solutions Proposal Writer Consultant
• Conveying complex thoughts, both written and oral, in clear, concise ways that were tailored to the 55+ segment.
• Effectively understanding Response for Proposal (RFP) questions and searching the core databases to find accurate and complete responses.
• Researching customers’ needs (through Web sites and other sources) and working with sales teams to develop meaningful and thoughtful questions to extract the necessary case information.
• Understanding network and financial information and bringing those elements into the case writing process.
• Working in a highly matrixed environment and collaborating with sister proposal units to reflect one core value story and to integrate internal processes.
• Maintaining and enhancing business skills, including the understanding of health care industries, managed care trends, healthcare reform, etc. and participating in all relevant training opportunities to improve and expand my current skills.
• Completing all project-related work in a timely, productive manner and meeting all case deadlines.
UNITEDHEALTHCARE, MINNETONKA, MN March 2009 –July 2009
Small Business Outbound Marketing Specialist Consultant
Hired as a Consultant to make outbound calls to the Small Business Broker Community to recruit, provide information, follow-up and generate new leads. Other responsibilities included participating in various outbound and inbound telephone outreach projects as assigned and assisting in the appointment process.
OPTUMHEALTH, GOLDEN VALLEY, MN January 2008 – July 2008
Medicare Part D Project Manager Consultant for Large Group Retirees
• Ensure successful implementation of market strategies leading to gross profit market improvements within the Medicare Part D segments by 30%.
• Spearhead and successfully close all Medicare Part D marketing initiatives, online services, project management and account management, to increase the Medicare Part D program by 15%, through new employer groups.
• Successful management over 700 Medicare Part D projects for the Public Segment and Large Group Employers Segment, leading to Medicare Part D marketing services that saved UnitedHealth Group 30% in overall Medicare Part D advertising, marketing and online services. Increased the Medicare Part D membership by 20%.
OVATIONS, MINNETONKA, MN June 2007 – January 2008
Part D Marketing Manager Consultant for Large Group Retirees
• Created Medicare and Medicaid market research data to find appropriate needs assessments and to determine future cost estimates. This included research on prescription solutions, products, market segments, finances and competitive analyses.
• Successfully marketed to and managed over 100 Large Employer Groups, for prescription solutions that led to an increase of overall Large Employer Group prescription solutions by 30%.
• Created marketing initiatives for Specialty pharmaceuticals by implementing such things as pharmacy partnerships and specialty pharmacy delivery; care management to ensure appropriate treatment initiation and continuation, along with utilization analyses.
OPTUMHEALTH AND UNITEDHEALTH CARE, EDINA, MN June 2005 – June 2006
Marketing Services Proposal Writer Consultant/Contractor
Network Provider Consultant
• Successful implementation of market strategies leading to gross profit market improvements within “at risk” territories by an average of 50%.
• Spearheading and closing profitable negotiations and analytics of three national provider contracts with revenues in excess of $15,000,000 respectively.
• Developing formalized procedures and provider contracts to comply with URAC requirements and led procedural implementation throughout organization.
• Consistently maintaining and delivering a sufficient and profitable national network of healthcare providers that has rendered services to over 1.5 million patients.
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE, ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Working with highly matrixed organizations, where production, planning, segmentation and analyses support company goals and endeavors.
• Participating in regular content audits, such as photography, web assets and literature.
• Negotiating content pricing in order to sell the content through healthcare insurance, legal, financial and retail databases..
• Creating marketing initiatives for Specialty pharmaceuticals by implementing such things as pharmacy partnerships and specialty pharmacy delivery; care management to ensure appropriate treatment initiation and continuation, along with utilization analyses.
• Analyzing data, identifying best practices and facilitated the design and implementation of improvement activities to ensure tools and processes ran effectively.
• Managing marketing product development communications budget of $1.2M for Thomson West Group’s ($1 billion online information and technology corporation) online technology product releases and enhancements through internal and external initiatives, company seminars, white papers, and product launches for numerous industries and services.
SECUREPATH BY TRANSAMERICA, ST. PAUL, MN July 2009 – October 2009
Consultant Marketing Manager for Credit Unions & Third Parties
DELUXE CORPORATION, SHOREVIEW, MN January 2007 – June 2007
Category Manager Consultant
THRIVENT FINANCIAL, MINNEAPOLIS, MN June 2006 – January 2007
Senior Marketing Strategist Consultant for
Teleservices, Seminars and Events
College of St. Catherine, St. Paul, MN
B.A. in Communications with specialty in writing. 2005 Graduate
Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Pursuing a Masters degree in Business Administration, with concentration in Marketing.