Freelance Copywriter, Public Relation Freelancer, & More
* Writer with more than 15 years of experience managing publications, corporate communications, elevating company profiles, and expanding market share.
* Skilled in all forms of media, including print, radio, television, and the Web.
* Develop and execute marketing initiatives that increase revenue and raise consumer awareness.
* Writing & editing
* Direct marketing
* Public relations
* Script writing
* Corporate positioning
* Market expansion
* Press releases
* Internet marketing
* Social marketing
* Search engine optimization
* Revenue building
* Crisis management
* Exact Target/Constant Contact
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, Outlook, PowerPoint, Filemaker Pro, Fox Pro, and Content Management System (CMS).
Freelance Writer / Copywriter / Proofreader, Various locations 2003–Present
* Write, edit, and proofread various communications for small businesses and independent clients.
• Managed public relations campaigns/social marketing efforts for GSF Mortgage and Rates in Motion, a daily video blog providing candid information about mortgage shopping for consumers
• Contracted to write, execute and distribute communication plans/pieces to brokers for Anthem/Blue Cross Blue Shield’s Senior and Over 65 marketing division – contract expired December 2011
* Edited and proofread manuscripts for e-books.
* Managed trade shows, developed product labels and press releases for animal nutrition company
* Contracted to write radio scripts for Milwaukee Harley-Davidson Rally and Heritage Funeral Home
* Copyedited a manuscript for a physician.
Wrote product descriptions for retail Web site deal.com
* Wrote consumer health articles on such topics as breast cancer and emotional health for ihc.com.
* Contributed to At the Lake and Experience Milwaukee magazines.
* Proofread sections of the 2005 Corporate Express Office Supply Catalog.
* Proofread advertisements for Kohl’s Corporation.
BIZFILINGS, Madison, WI 2010-2011
Creative Content Specialist
* Execute corporate communication needs, including the corporate blog.
* Collaborate with Business Development team to develop copy for e-mail campaigns and landing pages.
* Developed copy for the Web site’s product grid, based on usability testing.
* Featured as a guest blogger for the National Association for Self-Employment (NASE), Young Entrepreneur, InSource Executives, and Biz2Credit.
* Wrote articles for www.chamberofcommerce.com.
KELLY SERVICES / CASE–NEW HOLLAND AMERICA LLC, Racine, WI 2009–2010
* Contracted to write, design, and set up new product bulletins for the Marketing department, delivering new product announcements to nearly 5K dealerships.
* Oversaw bulletins and letters composed by executive management.
* Leveraged agricultural background to improve enterprise communications.
* Enhanced the internal communications portal for all dealers by introducing Web links to pertinent documents.
VERLO MATTRESS FACTORY STORES / VYMAC CORPORATION, Fort Atkinson, WI 2005–2009
Director of Corporate Communications
* Wrote and disseminated press releases to market local store events and expand the Verlo brand in the marketplace. Created scripts for radio and video spots, as well as Webinars.
* Developed copy for direct marketing campaigns, product brochures, and advertisements.
* Shepherded electronic and social-media marketing, inclusive of e-mail blasts, blogs, internal and external Web sites, and Facebook.
* Designed and implemented community awareness campaigns for individual stores and company headquarters.
* Wrote operations and training manuals, as well as sound practices missives.
* Produced a quarterly newsletter for franchise owners, and gathered corporate mission and financial information to create annual reports.
* Edited content produced by a 7-member Executive Management team.
* Secured prominent print coverage in USA Today, Wisconsin State Journal Sunday Business Section, and Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Sunday Business, and achieved broadcast product placement on Oprah’s Big Give and TBS: Movie & A Makeover.
* Won industry awards for the franchise, including: the Award of Excellence from the National Commercial Builders Association for the franchise headquarters (2009), Furniture Today's Retail Giants of the Year Award (2008), and the Wisconsin Historical Society Renovation of the Year Award (2007).
* Wrote a promotional radio script featuring NFL Hall of Famer Mike Singletary.
SOUTHERN LAKES NEWSPAPERS, Burlington, WI 1999–2003
Editor / Special Sections Editor
* Managed 40 publications annually, creating special sections for bridal, health, home improvement, and special events. Covered local news and municipal meetings, and wrote feature articles.
* Researched facts and data.
* Oversaw newspaper layout and typesetting.
* Spearheaded the launch of Excursions, a weekly entertainment guide with an initial circulation of 30K.
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Undergraduate coursework in Agricultural Journalism
Additional professional development in Search Engine Optimization and HTML
* References available upon request.