SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
* Work history in the fields of journalism, office management/administration, internet marketing and real estate law.
* Strong organizational and communication skills, customer service abilities, and attention to detail.
* Excel in multi-task environments where deadlines must be met.
* Working knowledge of AP Style.
* Proficient in the use of QuickBooks Pro, Title Express, Title Pro, the Internet, and the following Microsoft packages: Word, Access, Excel and Publisher. Able to type 70 wpm with accuracy.
* B.A., Journalism & Professional Writing (French minor), The College of New Jersey, 1998
* Completed 5 credit hours toward M.A., Public Relations, Rowan University, 2000
JOURNALISM & COMMUNICATIONS
* Self-employed since March 2011 as freelance writer/editor, President, and Queen Bee of "Honeycomb Media."
* Currently writing/editing web content, press releases, direct mail marketing, and property descriptions for Ocean City, MD, vacation rental agency with eight web sites. Managing social media campaign, to include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Clickr, and local event blog.
* Previously wrote, reported, and edited for Amtrak’s weekly and monthly corporate publications with nationwide audiences of 23,000 employees.
* Prepared articles for publication by conducting interviews, performing research, verifying information, writing, typing, proofreading, and creating page layout.
* Coordinated logistics and print media for series of seven employee forums held nationwide, where Amtrak employees voiced their concerns and met with top management to find solutions.
* Worked as Office Manager for local DE home builder, performing office operations and procedures such as scheduling, bookkeeping, payroll, maintaining filing systems, keeping tax records, correspondence, and document preparation.
* Coordinated comprehensive marketing and public relations campaign, to include newspaper advert., press releases, direct mailings, and website design/maintenance (www.explorerhomes.com).
LAW OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
* Responsible for coordinating details of real estate settlements from start to finish during height of real estate boom in Sussex County, DE.
* Provided top-notch customer service to all parties involved while working in a fast-paced, demanding, high-stress environment.
* Communicated daily with realtors, mortgage brokers, lenders, surveyors, buyers, and home owners to ensure no details were left out and proper procedure was followed.
* Reviewed title searches and surveys. Researched and resolved any liens and/or encroachments discovered in the process in order to guarantee clear title to buyers and mortgage companies.
* Prepared deeds, mortgages, promissory notes, HUD-1 settlement sheets, and all other necessary legal documents required for settlement.
* Performed post-settlement follow-up such as sending payoffs, preparing documents for recording, distributing funds, and issuing title insurance.
* President & Queen Bee, March 2011-Present, Honeycomb Media Services, Frankford, DE
* Office Manager, May 2008-October 2010, Explorer Homes, Inc., Ocean View, DE
* Legal Secretary, Sept. 2001-April 2003, Law Offices of Parsons & Weidman, P.A., Ocean View, DE
* Substitute Teacher, Nov. 1999-May 2000, Wuerzburg American H.S., Wuerzburg, Germany
* Administrative Assistant, Nov. 1998-Nov. 1999, Army Career & Alumni Program, Kitzingen, Germany
* Employee Communications Intern, May 1995-Aug. 1997, Amtrak, Washington, DC
* Writer/Reporter/Photo Editor, Sept. 1995-Dec. 1997, The College of New Jersey, Ewing, NJ
* Have taught Sunday School for past eight years to children ranging in age from 7-12 years old at Mariner's Bethel United Methodist Church in Ocean View, DE. Prepare meaningful and fun Bible/moral lessons for children by incorporating games, crafts and songs.
* Wrote periodically for Christian women's newsletter from 1997-2000 called "Light Our Way," a publication whose audience was Army wives stationed in Germany.
* Established a newsletter, "The Scoop," at Youth Services Center in Kitzingen, Germany, to give military children creative outlet and exposure to the field of journalism.