Shanie Matthews is a United States-born-and-raised citizen of the world devoted to inspiring well being, sustainability, community passed-on prosperity, and environmental awareness. A freelance writer, yoga teacher and happiness advocate, she writes mainly about health and wellness, but is also versed in travel, adventure sports, and humanitarian issues as well. Her passion in life is to help others connect with their highest potential by promoting various information sources that support positivity, including her website, www.MyHappyPath.com.
Objective: To assist people and companies in connecting with their own greatness.
May, 2005 – Current, Shanie Matthews Freelance Writing, International
- Wordsmith for various mediums including magazines, websites, marketing, etc
- Written for publications such as International Living, Gary Player Magazine, and Transitions Abroad
- Co-authored four books, including “Pets Across America”, “Bariloche Restaurant Guide”, and “Footprints Argentina”
June, 2007 – December 2012, Bariloche Vacation Rental, San Carlos de Bariloche, Patagonia, Argentina
- Initiated start-up company that profits over $40,000 a year
- Acquired strong relationship with high-level clients
- Developed marketing campaign, websites, and social networking for properties
April, 1999 – April, 2005, Mountain Fresh Housecleaning, Lake Tahoe, CA
- Started and ran a profitable housecleaning company with 15 employees
- Responsible for all initial customer relations
- Organized all scheduling, maintaining a positive relationship with over 60 clients
October, 1998 – March, 1999, Resort at Squaw Creek, Olympic Valley, CA
- Worked as both server and captain in room service
- Handled customer relations as well as supervisorial duties
- Responsible for all operations during shift
Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA, 1991 - 1995
- Bachelor of Arts in German Literature
- Minor in Physical Therapy
Interests: increasing global happiness, snow skiing, culinary art, the outdoors, foreign cultures, animal rescue
References: References are available on request.