Eileen Dey, M.A., LMHC
7709 8th Avenue SW • Seattle, Washington 98106 • (206) 947-7687 • firstname.lastname@example.org
• Over thirteen years cumulative experience as mental health and career counselor/instructor in field of human services.
• Confident leader in supporting and assisting clients/students of all ages from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Authored Touching the World Through Reiki and daily blog, www.reikitrainingprogram.wordpress.com
• Pioneered the founding of a Washington state certified Reiki Practitioner and Master training program including the creation of all related coursework and manuals.
• Confident and motivational educator to both small and large classes.
• Created 100 hour Registered Reiki Practitioner and Master training program licensed by State of WA Workforce Training and Education Coordinating Board and approved as a Labor and Industry Provider.
• Taught over 1000 adults and children all levels of Reiki training (3 course levels plus master-level apprenticeship) and related coursework.
• Taught in-person and on-line both to national and international students.
• Developed and facilitated over 50 additional unique workshops and classes in the fields of Health and Wellness and Career Passion for academic, social service, and corporate environments.
• Developed and instructed 40 college students in two 11-week for-credit courses.
• Counsel clients regarding decision-making/problem solving issues such as job satisfaction, lifework, relationship difficulties, PTSD, depression and anxiety.
• Utilized a variety of therapeutic approaches, including success-oriented goal setting and visualization in dealing with broad client population ranging from college students to individuals in post-retirement.
• Developed system of Insight Reiki Therapy which combines elements of Reiki, Process-oriented Psychology, Hypnotherapy and Thought Field Therapy.
• Educated clients one-on-one and through workshops on self-empowering techniques they can utilize during their own process of discovery.
Management and Event Coordination
• Managed and hosted well-attended quarterly open houses (50+ people) and scheduled promotional sessions and classes for the public.
• Collaborated with educational and teaching centers, community leaders and other businesses to offer the required classes and workshops of the vocational school.
• Managed weekly client schedule for shared use of multiple office and teaching spaces.
• Coordinated monthly practitioner and networking meetings at several healing center locations.
Marketing and Promotion
• Created unique strategies for marketing healing arts vocational school including hand-crafted give-away products, online forums, and community circles.
• Cultivated a hub for hundreds of clients, students, practitioners, teachers and over 50 businesses (see work history on next page) in the Puget Sound through daily email and phone correspondence.
• Composed all copy for the vocational school’s website, quarterly newsletter articles, and email groups at www.reikitrainingprogram.com and alumni website www.reikifellowship.com.
Past & Current Affiliations include:
Seattle, Bellevue, Everett, Renton, Cascadia and Edmonds Community Colleges, East West College, Portland, OR, Bastyr University, Cortiva Institute of Massage and Bellevue Massage School.
Bookstores and Holistic/Community Centers
National Book Tour 2010-11, Seattle Veterans Center, East West Bookshop, Stargazers Bookstore, YMCA Downtown Seattle and Shoreline, UW Women’s Center, Art Institute of Seattle
RELATED WORK HISTORY
5/96-present Reiki Instructor
The Reiki Training Program: Upper Montclair, NJ, Philadelphia, PA and Seattle, WA.
5/96-present Career/Life Transitions Counselor
Private practices: Upper Montclair, NJ, Philadelphia, PA and Seattle, WA.
9/00-12/00 Computer Instructor
Art Institute of Seattle, Seattle, WA
7/99-7/00 Career Counselor/Instructor
Everett Community College-IAM Boeing Everett, WA
4/98-7/99 Career Consultant/Instructor
Career Strategies, Philadelphia, PA
9/97-4/98 Women’s Crisis Counselor/Instructor
Laurel House, Norristown, PA
9/96-9/97 Career Counselor/Instructor
Career Development, Montclair University, Upper Montclair, NJ
11/91-5/96 Director of Social Services
Emerson Convalescent Center, Emerson, NJ
• Mental Health Counselor License, 2010
• Distance Learning and Design Development Certificate, University of Washington, Seattle, 2000
• M.A., Counseling, Education and Guidance Montclair State University, Upper Montclair, NJ 1997
• B.S., Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 1991
• Computer Proficiency: Microsoft Windows XP, MS Office 2003
• Databases: MS Access, ACT, Constant Contact
• Publishing: MS Publisher
• Internet: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Outlook, Eudora, Netscape, online research
• Programming: HTML, File Transfer Protocol
International Association of Reiki Practitioners
Washington Mental Health Counselors Association