1789 Baltimore Pike, Oxford, PA 19363 (724) 799-9622 email@example.com
MEETING PLANNER / PROJECT & PROGRAM MANAGEMENT
Executive Producer of Large & Small Events
Seeking full-time or contract position as an Event Planning Manager or Director that allows me to leverage my event planning and marketing skills developed over the last 15 years in both event management and production and administrative management, and as a corporate event planner/project professional. Talented project professional with strong event planning background. Highly organized and efficient with proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects. Excellent communication, presentation and public speaking skills.
CORPORATE PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
PROGRAM MANAGER, MEETINGS & EVENTS 2010 - 2011
BCD Travel for Pfizer Inc. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
• Produced and managed meetings and events for assigned Pfizer and DuPont pharmaceutical client departments to include room set-up, function times, audio visual, menu selections, on-site/off site events and activities, special events, ground transfers, room deliveries, and VIP needs.
• Directed on-site efforts.
• Provided value-added client advice for the strategic direction of meetings.
• Expertly advised on travel, meal and entertainment options while proactively sought out the best pricing.
• Diplomatically enforce negotiations with vendors to arrive at mutually agreeable, cost-saving solutions.
• Collaborate the efforts of creative teams and outsourced printers on the production of print material, from invitations to custom welcome kits, for promotional campaigns and meeting facilitation.
• Update budgets as necessary utilizing Pegasus.
CONSULTANT 2008 - Present
RJM Wireless Telecommunications Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
• Manage the direction and execution of telecommunications-related trade shows and conferences.
• Renegotiated vendor contract to provide a $75,000 cost savings.
• Manage vendor relationships in conjunction with supporting upcoming events
• Develop strategies for internal meetings, tradeshows and conferences, as well as on-site management of these events.
CATERING DIRECTOR 2008 – 2010
CRYSTAL BLUE JAZZ LOUNGE Norristown, Pennsylvania
• Prepared monthly projections on direct and indirect operational costs.
• Planned social customer events and celebrations. Interacted with customers to determine specific needs.
• Researched new menus for approval to the management. Revised menus to incorporate new recipes for appetizers, entrees, drinks and desserts.
PROJECT MANAGER, EXECUTIVE MEETINGS 2003 - 2008
AT&T Mobility King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
• Executive produced and directed major corporate conferences of up to 1,000 employees and over 430 different meetings and events.
• Produced annual offsite company picnics, holiday parties and vendor appreciation events.
• Created and assumed fiscal responsibility for event budget.
• Researched, selected and managed event vendors.
• Chaired annual charitable events such as golf outings and formal dinner events, events to help the environment, homelessness, youth, and disabled individuals.
• Created event agendas, speaker kits, slide presentations and other hard copy materials.
• Implemented and published a quarterly employee newsletter. Acted as Chief Editor for the newsletter and managed editorial content and submissions.
• Managed travel logistics for meeting attendees to include complex itineraries for 10-350+ attendees. Developed emergency contingency plans for inclement weather.
• Developed leisure and team building activities for executives.
• Designed menus, including wine selection and other needs based on budget and intended audience.
• Supervised external event staff, contractors and vendors.
• Cut costs from previous years’ events by 20% by diligently renegotiating contracts, selecting dedicated providers of services and seeking cost-effective ways to plan meetings.
SALES OFFICE MANAGER 1999 - 2002
Hillier Newark, New Jersey
• Managed and trained administrative and services staff.
• Successfully coordinated and directed the event logistics of the Firm’s annual meeting. Included catering and beverage selection, gift selection, speaker/presentation placement and entertainment planning.
• Supervised all contracted event staff.
• Directed annual charitable events, fundraisers, and golf tournaments.
• Coordinated all sales meetings with customers and clients.
• Managed travel logistics for meeting attendees and complex itineraries for 5-200 travelers.
ASSOCIATE PROPOSAL MANAGER 1995 - 1997
Lucent Technologies Warren, New Jersey
• Responded to “Requests for Proposals” (RFPs) from Asia Pacific countries.
• Coordinated inputs from Senior Management, sales, engineering, financing, and technical departments to produce time-sensitive proposals valued from $10 million to $850 million.
• Continuously implemented and improved departmental processes for ISO 9000 certification for word processing staff and other proposal specialists.
• Supervised and trained new word processing personnel and delegated work for successful completion of bids and proper documentation.
• Developed a MS Office training course for existing personnel when transitioning from WordPerfect and Lotus.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST 1993 - 1995
C.O.P.E. Scotch Plains, New Jersey
Worked within a team environment to carry out a full range of marketing functions. Established product selection, pricing, and programs for large document mailing machines. Supervised outside vendors and consultants to ensure quality of ad copy and managed project timetables. Managed the RFP/RFI process, and collaborated with account executives, engineering and other subject-matter experts to obtain inputs to RFP/RFI responses. Assisted in promotions and in communicating marketing programs. Developed creative print and online marketing collateral. Provided direct support to Vice President, Sales & Marketing. Provided post-show support to national sales managers, processed sales leads obtained from shows.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
B.S., Business Management & Marketing concentrations, 2012 • Colorado Technical University, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
A.S., Business Administration, 2008 • Colorado Technical University, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - G.P.A. 3.7
Diploma, Business & Information Processing, 1990 • Gibbs College, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA - G.P.A. 3.9 (Dean’s List Honors)