Dave Leroux - Professional Musician
149 Sawmill Private, Ottawa, Ontario, K1V 2E2
• Versatile, professional musician with over 20 years of live performance and studio experience.
• Expert at electric and acoustic guitar with professional gear and attitude.
• Fun loving, passionate performer who loves to improvise, create original music and play a variety of musical styles and genres.
• Ability to learn new pieces of music quickly.
• Adult education professional with 10 years experience working at Bell Canada as a teacher, instructional designer and project manager.
In depth, professional live and studio experience and ability in the following musical areas…
Acoustic and classical guitar
Drums Band management/promotions
Studio production and engineering
Live sound engineering
• Accomplished musician with 100’s of live shows ranging from intimate parties to outdoor festivals attended by thousands including a collaboration with Cirque Deloize.
• Experienced studio musician; completed production of 5 full length albums and various other recording projects including movie soundtracks and television.
• Practicing musician for most of my life.
• Solid, functional understanding of music theory.
• Adult education expert with experience teaching guitar lessons.
• Skilled at music production and engineering in the studio as well as live events.
• Learns new instruments quickly and is eager to share knowledge and learn from others new techniques, instruments and ideas.
• Other instruments include: Keyboards, Slide Guitar, Percussion (Cowbell, Tambourine, Shaker, Snare Drum, Hand Drum), Ukelele
• Partners with other songwriters, musicians and other stakeholders to create and perform music that is dynamic diverse and incorporates various styles and genres.
• Strong collaboration skills through working with other songwriters in a constantly evolving context while creating, recording, producing and performing albums as well as soundtracks for movies and television.
• In depth understanding and use of the of the equipment associated with performing various instruments (see Musical Equipment list)
Professionally performs and records music in the following styles:
Rock, Pop, Metal, Alternative, Dance, Blues, Country, R & B, Hip Hop,
Music Industry Highlights
2012 – Ongoing gigs and recording projects including The Rainbow, Walk for Kids charity event, various voice and musical productions
2011 – Partnered with Metcalfe Musical Entertainment for performance bookings and band management – Rick Smith, ongoing gigs and band promotions: Walk for Kids Help Phone (charity event), Zaphod Beeblebrox, D’Arcy McGees (charity event), ongoing recording projects
2010 - Performance on the Television Show “Daytime Ottawa”. Ongoing gigs including the Rainbow, Zaphod Beeblebrox and the LiVE Lounge
2009 - Ongoing gigs in Ontario and Quebec; Hot Jupiter EP “What Matters” released worldwide. Selected for LiVE 88.5 Big Money Shot competition
2008 - Recorded soundtrack for the movie “Secret Trains of New York”. Ongoing gigs at O’Connor’s Pub, Tucson’s and other venues throughout Ottawa
2007 - Recorded and released Hungry Monkey EP “Big Monkey Shot”. Selected for LiVE 88.5 competition “Big Money Shot”. Played Carleton University Charity Ball to 5000 people at the Canadian Museum of Civilization.
2006 - Hungry Monkey music now available in iTunes, Rhapsody and other digital media distributors through worldwide distribution deal with TuneCore
2005 - Over 100 live shows performed with Hungry Monkey including Windsor Station Montreal in collaboration with Cirque Deloize, Casino du Lac Leamy in Gatineau.
2003 - Opened for David Wilcox and Junkhouse
2002 - Joined the band Hungry Monkey and won Ottawa Tech Rocks competition; Co-founded Hungry Monkey productions. Recorded EP “100 Years of Solitude”
2000 - Opened for Our Lady Peace; Toured extensively with shows in Ottawa, Toronto, New York City and other locations to promote current album.
1999 - Signed to Attack Records and worked with producer Mark S. Barry
Captivity - Electric Guitar
Ballare - Acoustic Guitar
Lustres - Acoustic and Electric Guitars
Finale - Acoustic Guitar
What We Found - Hot Jupiter: Electric Guitar Live at the LiVE Lounge 2010/12/10
Cold For Nothing - Hot Jupiter: Electric Guitar Live at the LiVE Lounge 2010/12/10
Double - Hot Jupiter: Acoustic guitar live on the TV show Daytime Ottawa 2010/09/26
• Expert at the management, maintenance and use of musical equipment associated with the electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, drums, keyboards and vocals for live and studio performance.
1992 Gibson Les Paul Special - modified
2008 Hagstrom Super Swede
2007 Larrivee LV-03RE
1995 Epiphone Les Paul Special - modified
Marshall JCM900 2x12 Combo
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT w/ multi effects
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah Wah Pedal
Boss RV-3 Reverb/Digital Delay Boss Super Chorus CH-1
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss EQ GE-7
Apple Powerbook G4
Digidesign Pro Tools LE 7
Digidesign MBox 2
Custom Premier/Pearl Drum kit (Kick, Snare, Rack Tom, Floor Tom, various cymbals)
Various cables, accessories and tools.
References Available Upon Request