Summary: Hard worker seeking employment as an editorial assistant, administrative assistant, or writer. Experienced using Word, Excel, and Quickbooks. Patient, organized, and customer oriented. Team player, friendly, with excellent communication skills.
Windiam USA- New York, NY 5/2011-4/2012
• Managed office administration for the New York office of Windiam USA, a multi-national
supplier of diamonds
• Maintained client prospect database and call notes working with Sales Director to support Windiam USA targets
• Introduced inventory management system to support sales in optimizing tracking consigned
inventory to maintain positive vendor relations
• Managed accounts receivable and accounts payable ensuring timely receipt and payment
• Created a filing system to increase office efficiency and productivity
• Responsible for various administrative duties including screening, monitoring and directing
incoming calls and correspondence; acting as gatekeeper and first point of contact; facilitating front office operations with an awareness of executive calendars and schedules; Being entrusted to pick up and drop off highly valued inventory
Central Queens YM&YWHA- Forest Hills, NY 2001-Present
• Receptionist: Enacted credit card and debit transactions. Sold classes for adults and children. Sold swim *************. Collected membership cards. Conducted tours of the facilities. Filed paperwork. Answered and transferred calls. Wrote press releases for new classes. Helped decide on the events for the summer camp program.
• Birthday Party Coordinator: Lead birthday party activities in the gym, the pool, and art room. Set up and prepare for children and parents before hand. Hire staff to help me with the event.
• Nursery Teacher: Taught children from the ages of three to five varying gym activities.
• Gymnastics Teacher: Instructed children from the ages of three to eleven, beginner through
advanced gymnastics skills.
• Head Counselor in the Summer of the Arts and Sports program: Directed children through various arts and sports programs. Interacted with the parents. Supervised, directed and trained
the junior counselors.
• 2007-2010 CUNY Queens College, Flushing NY- BA in English, graduated *** Laude (GPA 3.6)
• 2005-2006 CUNY Hunter College, NYC
• 2004-2005 Queensborough Community College, Bayside NY
Honors & Awards:
• *** Laude (2010), Golden Key International Honor Society (2009), Dean’s List (Spring 2008,
Spring 2009, Fall 2009)
Computer Skills: Mac OS, Photoshop, Microsoft Office, Power Point, Quickbooks