(RUSSIAN, FINNISH AND ENGLISH)
• Extensive experience in education and teaching in St-Petersburg, Russia and in Turku, Finland. This experience included classroom instructions in Literature, Russian, Finnish and English languages. This experience was mainly at the secondary school level but also included private instruction and tutelage at many different school levels.
• Experienced at translating documents to and from Russian, Finnish and English to Russian in a professional capacity.
• Team-oriented individual with the ability to learn new things or work alone if need to be provided: quality instruction and linguistic support.
Computer-literate and functional at using Microsoft Windows and Personal Computers.
Tools: MS Office, various e-mails and others.
Operating Systems: Windows, Vista.
(Contractor of Exxon Mobil) March 2009 - February 2011
Sakhalin – 1 Project
• Prepare and control documents for RF Environment regulatory approval
• Provide quality check of Russian and English documents prepared by Russian Institutes VNIIGAZ, VNIIG, AKER, International Fire Center
• Provide content check of technical drawings for final submission to Russian expertise authorities, performed the quality check of technical specifications, procurement documents, invoices, presentations for work group meetings
• All document control process is performed strictly under project terminology requirements and Glossary Arkutun-Dagi Integrated Project
• Assist the translation coordinator
• Responsible for coordinating translations of the documents for Arkutun -Dagi Project
• As a proofreader and the translation coordinator assistant work closely with all staff members and have a good understanding of responsibility for the main point of contact for translation requests
• Demonstrate a good degree of flexibility and knowledge not only in the translation process but interpersonal skills as well
• Russian language teacher
(arranged a special program for teaching using terminology related to Arkutun-Dagi Integrated Project terminology).
(Substitute teacher) January 2009 – present
YMCA (Greater Houston)
(School counselor) May 2008– January 2009
Adoption Pros, Inc. July 2006 – July 2007
(Translator, English to Russian)
Paraprofessional responsible for translating documents relating to the adoption process, as well as others, various types of documents requiring translation
• Tax information
• Personal dossiers
Olympic boarding school , St-Petersburg,
Russia Sept 1996- June 2006
(Russian and English teacher)
Classroom instruction using innovative methods and strategies to reach students of various levels simultaneously in the same setting using computers and other high-technological tools
Secondary School 156, St-Petersburg,
Russia Aug 1986- June 2006
(Russian and English teacher)
Complete classroom instruction utilizing state-of-the art methods to improve student skills with grammar material
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Private Instructor and Tutor
Russian and English languages
EDUCATION/ CONTINUING EDUCATION
B.A. Degree in Linguistics and Literature 1984,
St-Petersburg State Pedagogical University 1978-1984
Turku University 1996-1997, Finland
St-Petersburg State University 2004-2005
Additional: Others to be provided upon request