“Kent Stolt has all of my favorite qualities in a writer. He writes clearly, gets to the heart of the matter, finishes on time and flexes when necessary.”
- Judy Bridges, Founder, Redbird Studio
Creative professional acknowledged for effective interpersonal skills and expertise in promotional writing, business communications and copy editing. Strong ability to work individually and within a team environment for multi-task projects under strict deadlines. A broad-based background in print media, including business publications, reporting and training documentation, combined with a strong work ethic and a passionate desire to do the job right.
SUMMARY OF SKILLS
• Corporate communications
• Research/fact checking
• Process documentation
• Brochure writing
• Creative writing
• Interviewing expertise
• Business writing
• Marketing material
• Proficient in Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word programming
FREELANCE WRITER Milwaukee, WI 1994 to present
• For 2011-2012 contracted to write company history and other marketing materials for Unity In Motion, a nonprofit organization dedicated to enhancing the lives of underprivileged youth.
• Composed corporate profiles of Trissential LLC, a consulting firm included in The Business Journal-Milwaukee's Fastest Growing Firms special edition (August 12, 2011), and Power Test, Inc., a manufacturing company included in The Business Journal-Milwaukee’s Healthiest Employers edition (October 28, 2011). Interviewed CEOs and employees for both companies, analyzing financial data as well as business philosophy in order to demonstrate successful business operations.
• Writing content for DemandMediaStudios.com, an online information source for topics ranging from How-to's to consumer product evaluations.
• Researched, wrote and edited "Helwig Carbon Products, Inc. – A Corporate History" for use as a key promotional tool for customers, suppliers and employees, resulting in being retained to develop the biography of company CEO.
• Produced the biography manuscript, "John E. Koenitzer: Everyone's Life is a Story," for CEO and president of Helwig Carbon Products, Inc. (Milwaukee, Wisconsin).
• Wrote over 50 published news and feature articles for The Business Journal-Milwaukee, Downtown Edition and Community Newspapers, Inc.
• Published short stories in Hairtrigger 11 anthology (Columbia College Press) and Shadowrun Adventure Series (FASA Corporation), as well as completion of novel manuscript, Open Season.
JOHN HANCOCK Financial Services Milwaukee, WI
New Business Analyst 2002 to 2010
• Reviewed and processed high volume of insurance applications, determining initial medical evaluations and risk assessment based on individual medical histories. As a result was designated to audit co-workers.
• Audited co-workers while striving for excellence in accuracy and quick turnaround time, continually surpassing standards, resulting in higher customer satisfaction.
• Examined applications from across the country for full compliance with various state regulations, incorporating strong work ethic and knowledge of paper- and electronic-based workflow operations.
• Coordinated support and follow-up with vendors and independent agents to attain aforementioned goals.
• Trained co-workers in new data entry procedures for Easy LTC program, thereby improving turnaround time by 30% for field agents.
Master of Fine Arts, Creative Writing
Columbia College (Chicago, IL)
Bachelor of Fine Arts, Communication Arts
University of Wisconsin – Madison (Madison, WI)