Award-winning, enthusiastic, and details-focused professional eager to offer broad scope of photography, project management, and client relations talents toward supporting a forward-thinking employer in maximizing success.
PROFILE OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Top performer who offers proven experience in small- to large-scale event / product photography, photo editing, project analysis / planning, and photo database management, as well as pre- / post-shoot production processes.
• Excellent communicator who seamlessly interfaces among photographers, in-studio teams, and diverse clients.
• Out-of-the-box thinker who plans, prioritizes, and manages project tasks within deadline-driven environments.
• Integral leader who demonstrates a creative, imaginative flair and knowledge of current photography trends.
• Ambitious self-starter who proactively contributes superior attention-to-detail and sharp analytical abilities.
MICHAEL BACK PRODUCTIONS, RALEIGH, NC 2011 – PRESENT
• Utilize broad scope of industry knowledge toward supporting multiple commercial and photo shoots as a Third Assistant, including performing data wrangling and file back-up, setting up and breaking down equipment (e.g. lighting and props), and coordinating workflow and equipment during productions to ensure seamless processes.
Photographer’s Assistant / Product Photographer
PROFESSOR SETH BENSON – LIVING ARTS COLLEGE, RALEIGH, NC 2010 – PRESENT
• Strategically steer support of class photography projects completed within the campus photography studio, including serving as lead liaison between photographer and other in-studio workers; handling all pre-shoot preparation processes; performing post-shoot equipment maintenance; overseeing preparation and / or breakdown of cameras and props, reflectors, and diffusers; and providing light meter reading communications for photographer.
FREELANCE WORK, RALEIGH, NC 2011
• Directed pre-event photography planning and preparation for monthly food and wine tasting parties, including providing creative event photography, performing post-production editing, and delivering photos to client on time.
FREELANCE WORK, RALEIGH, NC 2011
• Performed as lead photographer for a large-scale wedding and wedding reception, including completing all post-production editing using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom for presentation to clients as a finished project.
JOHN LYNNER PETERSON, RALEIGH, NC 2010 – 2011
• Played a vital role in supporting photographer with multiple studio and location shoots (e.g. portrait sessions, weddings, and sporting events), including performing photo editing and maintaining efficient studio operations.
Product Editor / Product Database Manager
NESTLÉ PURINA, ST. LOUIS, MO 2005 – 2006
• Expertly conceptualized, developed, implemented, and maintained Purina’s product and photo databases.
PHOTOGRAPHY SYNOPSIS (CONTINUED)
Product Photographer / Product Editor / Product Database Manager
PETCO ANIMAL SUPPLIES, INC., SAN DIEGO, CA 2003 – 2005
• Led all product photography, photo editing, and photo database management efforts utilizing Adobe Photoshop, including effectively photographing and / or editing wide-ranging pet products for use within customer catalogues.
Territory Manager (2006 – 2010) • Retail Space Planner / Business Analyst (2005 – 2006)
NESTLÉ PURINA, ST. LOUIS, MO 2005 – 2010
Space Management Analyst (2003 – 2005)
Customer Relations Coordinator (2003) • Merchandising Manager (2002 – 2003)
PETCO ANIMAL SUPPLIES, INC., SAN DIEGO, CA 2002 – 2005
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL SUMMARY
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography (3.94 GPA, In Progress)
LIVING ARTS COLLEGE – SCHOOL OF COMMUNICATION ARTS
Certified Adobe Photoshop Professional (In Progress)
ADOBE CERTIFIED PHOTOSHOP TRAINING
Mac and PC experienced Adobe Photoshop / Lightroom / Bridge /Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook)/JDA Pro-Space/Unix
Nikon D-3000 / D-70s / D-2x / F4 • Canon 5D • Rebel T2i • Nikon SB-600 Speedlight
Light Stands • Backdrops • Props • Light Meters • Soft Boxes • Radio Slaves • Hot Shoes • Studio Maintenance / Upkeep
DynaLight • Alien B • Kino Flo • StudioMax • Arri • Lowel • Reflectors • Diffusers • C-Stands
Online Photography Portfolio available at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/redhead1963/
KEY INDUSTRY HONORS & PUBLICATIONS
Photographer’s Forum 32nd Annual College and High School photography contest- No title
“Best in Show Honor”- Fashion
Living Arts College- “Fedoras International” Photographs-February 2011
Quarterly Gallery Show Finalist
Living Arts College –Finalist for Seven Consecutive Quarters Since Enrollment, 2010 – Present
“Best in Show Honor” – Landscape and Architecture
Living Arts College – “North Carolina Museum of Art” Photograph, 2010
“Honorable Mention Honor”
International Photography Awards – “The Arch” Photograph, 2009
American Society of Media Photographers (ASMP), Active Member