2123 Karolina ave
Winter Park, FL 32789
Seeking to work as a Videographer/Video Editor with a production company or television station, where I can use my creativity to help tell a story, while learning and growing in the industry.
• Extensive experience shooting video in a wide variety of situations, live news, studio taped, green screen, corporate and convention coverage.
• Have used many different kinds of cameras from DSLR to ENG. Very comfortable adapting to different gear.
• Strong ability to operate analog and digital video equipment.
• Extremely proficient with non-linear and linear video editing systems, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Edius, Avid, DVCPro tape to tape.
• Expert knowledge of Mac and Windows operating system.
• Dynamic team-player, strong ability to work independently, professional, and loyal to the company.
• Great at problem solving, very organized.
• Excellent writing and oral skills, observant, keen on details, goal oriented.
The New School of Radio and Television, Suny, Albany, NY • Television Production Degree
• Interned for the Assembly Media Services in Albany, NY
Senior Videographer/Team lead: July 2015 - Present, Convention News Television, Orlando, FL
• Travel the world and shoot video for different associations at their annual conventions.
• 50% Travel
• Train new hires and current employees on cameras and different styles of shooting video.
• Set up efficient workflows using templates and kits that allowed editors to edit more quickly
and helped the Videographers travel easier.
• Bought and assembled a mobile switcher/recording/streaming system using Blackmagic
switchers, hyperdecks and a Web presenter. The whole system is installed in a carry-on
friendly roller case for easy travel and quick set-up.
• Set-up of live studios, direct and switch live video, stream content to various platforms.
• Troubleshoot and fix computer, network and server issues in the office.
Videographer/Editor: Nov. 2010 - July 2015, Ivanhoe Broadcast News, Winter Park, FL
• Travel to hospitals and colleges across the country and shoot stories over a 5 day period.
• While not traveling I would edit stories for 2 Health series and 1 female interest series, 38
stories combined a month.
• The Camera I used was a Panasonic AG-HPX300 and edit on Final Cut Pro 7.
• Also responsible for: Quality control of in-coming video from Freelance Videographers.
Video Editor: Nov. 2002 - October 2010, FOX23 News WXXA, Albany, NY
• Responsible for cutting PKG's, VO's, VOSOT'S, Teases, Show Opens and looking up file for stories. Oversaw the quality and progress of stories being attached to the rundown, making sure show segments are accounted for.
• Other responsibilities included: Tuning in live SAT and Microwave shots, taking and sending video feeds from live trucks and other news sources, operate audio board for live news and sports shows when needed, and help troubleshoot video servers and media encoders.
Awards and Activities
• Winner of a Silver and Bronze Telly while working for Ivanhoe Broadcast News.
• Member of the Telly Silver Counsel, I judge up to 75 videos a year for the Telly Awards. • Was awarded a Carnegie Hero Award in 2014.
• Winter Park, FL Police awarded me a Outstanding Citizen Plaque in 2014