MIA ELISE SCHIPANI
98 Southfield Avenue, #104, Stamford, CT 06902
Outstanding Team Leader; Highly Creative, Innovative, Strategic Marketer, Writer and Business Developer; Solution Salesperson and Brand Developer with strong written and verbal communication skills; Highly Capable of managing Public Relations, Corporate Social Responsibilities and influencing others internally and externally; Expert in Customer Relationship Management with Invaluable Relationship Capital
RMS CONSTRUCTION, LLC Sep 2010 - Present
Vice President Business Development, Marketing, SEO & Public Relations
• Business Development: Responsible for .developing new brand identity for a Real Estate Development company. Created corporate identity package and campaign from logo and tagline development to writing copy for new websites and collateral. Oversee talent acquisition and strategic relationships. Responsible for developing and executing a sustainable Sales, Marketing and Public Relations strategy on-line and off-line.
• SEO/Social Media Strategy: Responsible for Social Media Marketing Campaign. Search Engine Optimization, Affiliate Marketing, Social Advertising, Email Marketing, Customer Retention, Web Analytics, Viral Word of Mouth Marketing, Landing Page Optimization, Offline & Online Synergy, Partner Marketing and Event Marketing.
HOTEL ZERO DEGREES, Stamford, CT Feb 2010 – Sep 2010
Vice President Business Development, Marketing & Public Relations
• Business Development: Responsible for creating a brand identity for a 97-room privately-owned boutique hotel. Developed all internal and external communications strategies, sales correspondence, sales presentations, strategic marketing plans and partnerships. Developed structure and content for new website. Direct responsibility for all Sales Revenue. Established average occupancy of 50% in 1st 6 months and 80% in the ninth month..
• Strategy: Developed hotel as the most unique property in Stamford by creating unique differentiators and maximizing strategic relationships with neighboring businesses. Designed unique collateral, promotions and promotional materials. Conducted on going daily assessments of competition to remain competitive. Manage SEO and all social media marketing.
• PR: Worked closely with the community and media. Developed on-going news worthy press releases to stay in front of customers and prospects. Created a unique Corporate Social Responsibility Program to help establish sustainable business relationships with F100 companies.
F. D. RICH COMPANY, Stamford, CT Dec 2008 – Feb 2010
Consultant-Director of Business Development, Marketing & Public Relations
• Business Development: Responsible for all new business development for prominent Commercial Real Estate Developer. Launched a 9-room luxury boutique hotel and developed a marketing strategy to revitalize a downtown economic center. Developed brands, systems, processes, communications strategies, sales collateral, partnerships, presentations and councils to help build the integrity of brands.
• Strategy: Assessed current marketplace and on-going competitive analysis to uncover retail and corporate prospects. Worked closely with the economic development community and the media to develop strategic partnerships.
• PR/Marketing: Developed “go-to-market” strategy on-line and off-line for Hotel, Retail and Commercial office spaces; Analyzed on-line positioning; increased SEO; built an internal CRM system to maximize relationships; created and re-branded South Norwalk as the “only” Commercial Design District from New York to Boston; Built and authored an on-line directory positioning the SoNo Design District as a destination; Created all collateral materials. Established Media Matrix and Marketing Budget. Managed annual budgets and provided ROI analysis. Executed a nationwide public relations campaign. Pioneered strategic marketing events to increase awareness, build brand integrity and new business.
MIA ELISE SCHIPANI Page 2
WALDNER’S BUSINESS ENVIRONMENTS, Rye, NY Oct 2006 – Aug 2008
Director of New Business Development & Marketing
• Business Development: Pioneered two lead generating groups (Stamford & White Plains) to help develop new business and to build a sales pipeline. Participated on high-level councils to build new relationships and to establish Waldner’s as the authority on “building sustainable work environments. Developed a series of “Lunch and Learn” events for the Architectural & Design community to promote Steelcase brand, products and services. Increased business by $500,000 in 1st year.
• Marketing: Created marketing strategies for National Sales Team by identifying current challenges in the marketplace and developed external messaging and sales solutions to connect with new business opportunities. Responded and developed content for all proposals and presentations to prospects, customers and business associations. Moderated and developed a Women’s Leadership Dinner for prominent Publishing Company on “Building Sustainable Networks” to promote Waldner’s as the “go-to” for sustainable products and solutions. Wrote and developed all talking points for panel of experts.
• Strategy: Reported on competitive intelligence daily to differentiate services and offerings. Worked closely with global leaders in R&D, Steelcase Inc., to provide direct feedback internally to Global Sales Team and externally to the Commercial Real Estate, Architectural & Design, Facilities and Project Management community. Worked closely with Human Resources Executives to provide solutions and promote collaborative work environments.
HOOVER’S, Inc. (a Dun & Bradstreet Co.), Austin, Texas Mar 2006 – Oct 2006
Regional Business Development Director - Northeast
• Business Development: Spearheaded a new business development role targeting C-Level Management in all industries to increase market awareness and to establish new customers in the Northeast. Developed all Sales Collateral, Correspondence, Presentations and Talking Points for National Sales Team.
• Strategy: Established strategic marketing alliances regionally with technology associations, business councils and other data subscription companies to cultivate and identify prospects. Worked closely with SalesForce.com to strategically market a suite of products. Maximized on HR Relationships.
• Marketing: Continuously provided CRM education to prospects in sales, research & development, human resources and talent acquisition to develop, build and sustain new business relationships.
THE BTM CORPORATION, Stamford, Connecticut 2005 – 2006
Senior Director of Marketing
• Marketing: Developed lead generating programs for a professional services organization focused on helping F100 companies minimize their IT spending. Developed on-line educational platforms and webinar’s targeted to CIO’s and senior level technology executives globally to help build new relationships and awareness for our talent and services. Facilitated on-line webcasts, discussion threads and local breakfast roundtable events. Established strategic alliances with other businesses, community organizations and Universities to help build membership to the global on-line network and to build awareness for BTM products, services and educational offerings.
LEE HECHT HARRISON, Stamford, Connecticut 2002 - 2005
Vice President, Business Development (Human Capital Consultant)
• Business Development: Consultative solution sales role assessing client’s needs and customizing professional services. Partnered with other business organizations and community associations (ASTD, SHRM and HCI) to maintain industry knowledgeable and to identify gaps in the marketplace.
• Strategy: Differentiated our offerings by spearheading a "knowledge-management" role that helped build strategic relationships with HR Executives, increase brand integrity and quality of service for LHH clients
and consultants. Created strategic talking points for all presentations and workshops internally and externally.
• Marketing: Established LHH as the “Knowledge” experts in Human Capital Management (HCM) by facilitating strategic marketing and educational events, generating publicity and creating intimate leadership
MIA ELISE SCHIPANI Page 3
dinners. Created strategic communication plans to continuously build awareness, retain customers, enhance existing relationships and to establish credibility with new prospects. Volunteered to provide job-readiness workshops in the not for profit community and established newsworthy press to enhance brand integrity and awareness.
URBANSPA15, New York, NY 1999 - 2002
Founder/ Business Development (Work-Life Balance Consultant)
• Entrepreneurship: Pioneered a “work-life balance” professional services company recognizing the demand for a healthier corporate culture and for stress management programs to help attract and maintain talent and to reduce healthcare costs.
• Business Development: Created, tailored and implemented stress management and communication training programs targeting HR Executives and F100 companies to help provide retention and recruiting solutions.
• Marketing: Founded a Support Group for HR Women called “Breakfast and the City” to help cultivate relationships, increase awareness of services, practitioners and to secure new business relationships.
• PR: Achieved nationwide coverage and established 20+ clients in 1st 12 months of start-up, grossing $53,000
PREVIOUS CAREER HISTORY
Partner, Business Development (Fashion/Apparel) Central Park West (’96-’99)
Partner, Business Development (Fashion/Apparel) Land ‘N Sea ('95–‘96)
Founder, Business Development (Fashion/Apparel) Hummingbird (’94-’95)
Founder, Business Development (Fashion/Apparel) The Intapp Group (’92-’93)
PR & Special Events Director (Apparel/Footwear) Sam & Libby ('91-'92)
PR & Corporate Communications (Fashion/Apparel) GFT USA Corporation ('90-'91)
PR Agency, Account Management (Sports/Travel) The Rowland Company ('88 -'90)
Hospitality & Travel, Commercial Real Estate, Human Capital Management, Professional Services, Health & Wellness, Technology & Information Management, Commercial Furniture, Fashion & Sport, Apparel
American Heart Association Educational Advisor, Development & Marketing
Stamford Hospital Foundation Volunteer, Fundraising & Public Relations Committee
Stamford YMCA Board of Directors, Marketing & Fundraising Committee
Fairfield County Sports Commission Board of Directors, Chairwoman, Annual Fundraiser
The Volunteer Center of Southwestern CT Board of Directors, Chair of Events & Governance
Breakfast and the City Founder of Support Group for HR Women (1999)
Recognized for Volunteerism Stamford Volunteer Recognition Day (2010)
Recipient of “Stamford Volunteer Award” The Volunteer Center of Southwestern CT (2010)
Recognized as “Fairfield County Fabulous Women” Fairfield County Business Journal (2009)
Recipient of 2006 “40 Under 40” Fairfield County Business Journal (2006)
Community Leadership Award The Volunteer Center Southwestern CT (2004)
Volunteer Service Award Stamford YMCA/ Leadership Program (2004)
Creator/ Moderator, Women’s Leadership Series American Heart Association (2009 + 2010)
Creator/ Moderator, Women in Business Panel Moffly Media’s Annual Leadership Event (2008)
Facilitator of Sustainable Education Workshops Waldner’s Business Environments (2006-2008)
Facilitator of Human Capital Management Events Lee Hecht Harrison (2003-2006)
Facilitator of Work-Life Educational Events UrbanSpa15 (1999-2003)
EMERSON COLLEGE, Boston, MA BS Communications, Dean's List, 1986 – 1988
BOSTON UNIVERSITY, Boston, MA Communications, Alpha Epsilon Phi, 1984 - 1986