My goal is to secure a Graphic Design position where I can create appropriate, memorable and creative
design solutions. I am looking for an environment that offers me the opportunity to learn more and upgrade
my design knowledge.
• Outstanding visualization and creative skills to transform concepts into vibrant work.
• Reliable team member with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Self organized and self-motivated.
• Knowledgeable in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, HTML, and Flash in both Mac and Windows
• Experienced in the development of corporate identity design, illustration, print collateral, editorial
RECENT CREATIVE ACCOMPLISHMENTS AND EXPERTISE
• Dean’s Honour List: Winter 2007, Winter 2008, and Spring 2009, George Brown College.
• Published artwork in George Brown’s Annual Students book.
• Published artwork in Annual Painting collection in Iran.
• Awarded two gold coins in Youth Art Festival.
• Member of Canadian Association of Watercolour Artists (CSPWC).
• Participated in several group and solo art exhibitions.
George Brown College, Toronto (2006-2009)
Graphic Design Diploma (3-year)
Editorial, Corporate Design, Production, Web Design.
Art University, Tehran/Iran (2003)
Masters of Art, Illustration
Alzahra University, Tehran/Iran (1998)
Bachelors of Art, Fine Art
Freelance (Dec 2009/Aug 2010)
Healthwise Creative Resource Group – Toronto
Contract Internship (Aug 2009/Dec 2009)
Parcel Design – Toronto
Designed various communication materials for a variety of clients. Projects included web designs, collateral
packages, identity concepts, booklet covers and web banners.
Participated in photoshoots, press checks and printer tours to learn about print production and print check process.
Internship (July 2009/Aug 2009)
Reactor – Toronto
Prepared design concepts for logo, flyers and brochures.
Participated in the preparation of concept presentation for clients.
Presented illustrations to prominent Toronto illustrators for feedback.
Junior Graphic Designer and Customer Service Representative (April 2009/July 2009)
Minuteman Press – Toronto
Designed and printed brochures, flyers, forms, business cards, greeting cards and letterhead.
Participated in management of mass printing projects.
Worked on different design projects and provided creative design solutions to satisfy customer needs.
Peer Tutor (May 2008/April 2009)
Student Lab George Brown College – Toronto
Mentored students on Adobe software, including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
Provided printing instruction to students and helped troubleshoot computer system operating issues.
Office Administrator, volunteer, (May 2008/Aug 2008)
RGD (The Association of Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario) – Toronto
Peer Note Taker (Sep 2007/April 2008)
Student Affairs - George Brown College – Toronto
Organized study notes for students with disabilities and coached them on effective note-taking methods.
Junior Graphic Designer and Customer Service Representative (Oct 2006/August 2007)
Print & Paper Shoppe – Toronto
Designed and printed business cards, envelopes, greeting cards and letterheads.
Operated copy machines and printers.
Managed various design and printing projects.
Offered creative solutions to satisfy customer needs based on their printing and design orders.
References are available upon your request.