• Translation and proofreading of external and internal documents, press releases, etc., ensuring that the translation is idiomatic and accurate and submit the translation within the deadlines.
• Execute all aspect of production for the French, including layout, editing, proof-reading, coordination with freelance translators, formatting, publication, etc.
• Provide French writing and editing of documents, etc.
• Translate a variety of texts intended for a wide audience, such as newsletter, press releases, corporate publications, reports, etc.
• Creation and translation of Advertising campaign on a monthly basis or special events.
• Contributing to the Company's terminology with colleagues.
• Editing and desktop publishing of French documents, making sure they reflect the original English documents.
• Provide linguistic advice.
• Establishes priorities, and negotiates, monitors and meets timelines
• Consults with the author of the text, specialists in the field or others, to ensure accuracy of translation.
TRANSLATOR (FREELANCE) Since 1980
• English to French and French to English translation, desktop publishing, proof reader and reviser of texts and documents, quality control within tight deadlines as requested by clients.
Fields: general, technical, electronics, administration, management, marketing.
Montreal University 1978
Bachelor's Degree - Major: linguistics / Minor: translation
Certificate in translation