Seeking an at-home part-time position where my advanced legal and medical transcription skills can improve company efficiency and profitability.
Detail-oriented legal and medical transcriptionist with over fifteen years of professional experience with a demonstrated commitment to excellence, ethical processing, discretion and confidentiality.
• Specialize in medico-legal transcription in all areas of
• Excellent language and grammar skills
• Posses a wide variety of reference materials
• Able to maintain timely turnaround
and meet schedule demands
• Fast and accurate typing skills in excess of 65 wpm
• Possess up-to-date programs
and transcription equipment
• Thorough knowledge of medical terminology and the various medical specialties
• Ability to work and communicate in
a positive and cooperative manner
• Knowledge of medical transcription
guidelines and practices
• Ability to use designated medical and legal reference materials
• Ability to operate designated software
• Full knowledge of legal proceedings,
briefs, motions, trials and depositions
• Able to keep deadlines with quick turnaround times
• Average pages per hour is 25
• Well-versed in HIPAA practices
• Excellent communications skills
Education and Certification
Northern Virginia Community College September 1994 - June 1996
Medical Transcription Certificate
Obtained a certificate from a two-year medical transcription course which included instruction in physiology, anatomy, vocabulary and transcription of practice tapes.
The Seven Names, Inc. 1999 to Present
• Provide efficient, accurate and timely transcription of depositions, hearings, trials and motions.
• Responsible for creating and editing legal documents dictated by attorneys, generating clear, accurate and complete reports by using various reference materials.
• Responsible for formatting legal documents according to the guidelines of the industry
• Transfer dictated information to software and computer programs
Oracle Transcription, Inc. September 1998 to January 1999
• Worked as a medical transcription provider for hospitals and doctor's offices
• Responsible for formatting dictatation into medical documents according to the guidelines of the industry
Medical Records Corporation January 1998 to September 1998
• Worked in a pool of medical transcriptionists providing accurate and timely transcription services to doctors and hospitals
Temps & Company August 1996 to December 1996
• Worked short-term temporary jobs in the area of medical transcription
References available upon request.