I remember my mother telling me I was born with a pencil in my hand. I knew she was joking but she did manage to save all my doodles that I created when I was just 3 years old. It would only be a couple years later that I would proclaim my life's ambition to be an artist (and I was only in kindergarten). Since then I had doodled and trained in high school and college in order to improve my craft. And even after college while I find myself trying to improve even more, I landed some fun art related jobs in Japan's Video Game and Animation industry as a concept artist, illustrator, Photographer and even a package designer. Right now I'm currently focusing on the western aspect of my craft and hoping to work in the US's mainstream comic book industry.
2009 - ART INSTITUTE ONLINE, DIVISION OF PITTSBURGH
Program of Study: Game Art and Design
1999 - CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY, FULLERTON
Program of Study: Graphic Design/Illustration
Some of my work history:
December 2009 – Present LW Concepts, Los Angeles
LW’s World of Popculture Goodies (Popculture News Website)
• Management of publication’s content and website layout
• In charge of recruitment
Urban Decay Diaries (webcomic)
• Created character concepts
• As Penciler and Colorist, I was in charge of breakdowns and coloring.
• Illustrated promotional posters
March 2008 – November 2009 Cream Puff Café Studios/Crunchy Pixel Studios, Pasadena
Character Designer/Illustrator (Contract)
PC Game Development
• Designed characters for their upcoming PC game
• Illustrated backgrounds for PC game
• Designed Company Character Motif
March 2007 – March 2008 Bandai Entertainment Inc, Cypress
Package Designer/Coordinator/Marketing rep for trade shows
• In charge of coordinating the designs for DVD wraps and Faceart
• Created DVD collector box mockups
• Designed the English versions of the original Japanese title treatments
• Illustrated character model “action” concepts for the title, “Code Geass”
• Participated in Anime Convention “Industry Panels” to help announce Bandai’s Latest anime acquisitions as well as up and coming releases.
May 2006 – February 2007 Mattel, El Segundo
Production Assistant - Contract
Interactive Game Division
Production Assistant tasks
• Examined all game artwork (Background designs, characters designs, etc)
• Checked for inconsistencies in artwork. Used Character model sheets and game design document for reference.
• Created mock-ups of different game jewel case sleeves.
• Created mock-ups of how characters or particular artistic aspects of a game should look.
• Cleaned up various game screenshots for print and web media advertising.
• Explored all game levels for bugs and glitches on Mattel’s new game console.
• Wrote clear and concise steps of each bug that I discovered and entered them into the bug database for the game developers to reproduce.
• Also utilized the aid of screen captures for bug reproduction
July 2002 -
2004 Bandai America Networks., Cypress, CA
FLASH ARTIST – Contract
• With graphic images provided by Bandai, I designed the layout of an online Digimon game based on the old card game called ‘Concentration’ or simply, ‘Memory’.
• Created the layouts of an online drag-n-drop/shooting game to help promote the new season of "Power Rangers". Provided a thumbnail storyboard that acted as a visual flow chart to assist in the creation of the Power Rangers online game as well as the Digimon game
• Both online games were created with Macromedia Flash and Adobe Photoshop.