Western Connecticut State University, Danbury, CT
Bachelor of Arts Degree 2009
Major: Art, GPA 3.76
Relevant Course Experience
• Drawing 1-2, Advanced Figure Drawing, Illustration 1-3, Typography, Printmaking and Production Processes.
• Concrete foundation in various media: digital, pastels, charcoal, graphite, colored pencils, sculpture, and mixed media.
• Strong understanding of composition, proportion, lighting, and color.
• General knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator, as well as other digital art programs.
• Minimal knowledge of 3d modeling and animation.
Related Job Experience
Freelance Illustration Commissions
For the few years I have taken Commissions in my free time to make a little extra money. This entails working with the client, asking what they want and making sure I deliver the best I can. We negotiate the price and I make sure I get it done on time, or as soon as possible, if there isn’t a specific due date.
Other Job Experience
October 2011-January 2012
Working over the holiday season in a Macy’s department store gave me the opportunity to give great customer service to all our customers. Most of my time was spent behind a cash register, especially during the hectic times close to the holidays. But I also spent time putting clothes back on the racks and keeping my department clean.
September 2006-January 2007
Ticket taker, often dealing face to face with the customers, directing them to the correct theater, and if necessary checking ids. Ushers keep the main lobby clean, as well as cleaning the theaters after the customers have left. On some occasions ushers would work at the concession stand selling popcorn and other food to the customers. At this position it is necessary to get the customers what they want as quickly as possible.
Dean’s List at Western Connecticut State University, Every Semester Sept. 2005- Aug. 2009
Ethel Appel Memorial Award for Excellence in Printmaking, May 7, 2007
School of Visual and Performing Arts Excellence in Illustration Award, May 24, 2009
References and transcripts available on request