J. Paul Thornton
Well educated, experienced and motivated consultant and analyst seeks to make a positive impact on the current political and corporate climate.
* University of Alabama, Huntsville, AL. MBA, concentration in IT, August, 2005.
* University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL. Bachelor of Science in Commerce and Business Administration, major in Finance, August, 2001.
* Certified Consumer Peer Support Specialist designation awarded by Al. Dept. of Mental Health, October, 2011.
June 2010-present, Mental Health Association, data technician.
* Maintained databases in both Mac and MS Access formats; maintained home page.
* Helped facilitate some groups; other functions throughout the office as dictated.
August 2005- July 2008, ITT-CAS, program analyst, scheduling and programmatics.
* Supported Counter- Rocket Artillery and Mortar/Air and Missile Defense Command and Control System (C-RAM/ AMDCCS) programs with budgeting, logistics and programmatics.
* Interacted with government, civilian and military officials at all levels in various geographical areas such as Carson, CA, Theater Iraq, the Pentagon and Huntsville.
March 2003- August 2005, 1st Franklin Financial, Asst. manager and regional trainer.
* Appointed 1 of 2 lead trainers in our 8 branch region responsible for training each branch’s coach on new computer lending system known as MIDAS.
* Handled most branch legal matters such as bankruptcy notices/proof of claim filings; attended bankruptcy and small claim hearings; filed small claims, garnishments and branch insurance claims.
* CEO of Thornton Consulting, LLC, newly formed personal/professional consulting/lobbying group.
* Registered lobbyist in Alabama; recent founder of a contentious Political Action Committee (OWS PAC).
* Board member of Decatur NAMI; finance officer for Sons of the American Legion Post 15/Decatur.
* Former member of AL Army National Guard (ARNG) in Decatur.
* Volunteer with Decatur Animal Services; AVRAL; active with Sixth Avenue Church of God.
* Member of Precision Strike Association (PSA), U of AL Denny Society.
* Defense Acquisitions University (DAU) certified Level 1 professional in the fields of Logistics, Facilities Engineering, Program Management and Business, Cost Estimating and Financial Management.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.