· Fifteen years of experience as a Professional Translator with a postgraduate diploma in translation.
· Experienced user of SDL Trados 2007, Wordfast and Catalyst 7.
· Able to proofread and edit all translated documents in both Spanish and English to ensure error-free results, accuracy, consistency and quality of presentation.
· Specialized in the IT industry, Computer & Networks Hardware and Software, Wireless Telephony, Telecommunications, Programming, Electric & Electronics Engineering, as well as in Marketing, Legal, Financial, Banking and Credit Cards Services, Defense and National Security, Medical & Health Care, Automotive, Mining, Medical, Shipping, Public Works, Civil Engineering, etc.
· Translated, proofread and edited Publications and Conferences, Technical Reports, Training Manuals, On-line help, Software, User’s Guides, Installation & Maintenance Procedures.
2000 O.A.C.E.T.T. (Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technologists and Technicians)
1981 B. Sc. in Electronics Engineering University of Havana, Cuba
1992 Diploma of Technical En/Sp Translator University of Havana, Cuba
Freelance En/Sp. Translator, Proofreader, Editor and Software/Hardware Localization Specialist for several companies and translation agencies. I have included just a few of them below (references available):
- 3Com Canada Corporation
- LANSource Technologies, Inc.
- 53rd Bank
- National Bank of Cuba
- Visa & MasterCard International
- Ministry of Public Works, Dominican Republic
- Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc
- Toyota Motors, USA
- Department of Defense, USA
- Harris Communications Corp.
- Translation agencies such as RIC, All Languages, Language Intelligence, ITP-USA, RR Donnelly, Cogen, IT-U, Multilingual Solutions, Apple Seed, I.S. Interpretation & Global Translation, Omni-Tech, Applied Languages, Perfect Translations, ASET, Alpha Plus Translations, and many more…