GRANT WRITER/DEVELOPMENT CONSULTANT
Dynamic, passionate development professional with unique background combining 12 years of diverse product management, sales, and development experience in the manufacturing, telecommunications, and non-profit sectors.
* Creative, results oriented grant writer with strong understanding of research and fundraising strategies.
* Critical thinker who can design and deliver programs and products that enhance performance.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills with ability to easily build productive, enduring relationships.
* Detail-oriented and organized, able to effectively handle the demands of multiple projects.
SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
* As a Development Director and consultant, wrote effective grant proposals totaling nearly $1 million for a disability services organization.
* As a volunteer for a non-profit that supports Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, coordinated sponsorship campaigns for an annual fundraising event raising $45,000 in the first 3 years.
* Created content for new web site, program brochures, and annual report that enhanced organizational capacity and generated a 50% increase in community support.
* Implemented standards, templates and processes to improve operational efficiencies.
* Led the opening of an overwhelmingly successful fine art gallery for artists with disabilities.
* Led the development of new products that enhanced the ability to reach new market segments.
* Managed all aspects of a non-profit development strategy resulting in greater organizational capacity, enhanced community support, and innovative programs.
* Increased revenues by 120% through sales trainings, promotions, and improving relationships.
* Increased product line profitability by 20% and redesigned processes to reduce costs by 15%.
THE CENTER FOR INDEPENDENT LIVING OPTIONS, INC., Cincinnati, OH
(non-profit that provides support services to nearly 2,000 adults and children with disabilities)
Independent Contractor, 2007 – Present
Research and write grants for a variety of programs, publish the Annual Report, and assist with other development activities.
Development Director, 2005 – 2007
Responsible for managing the development and fundraising strategy as well as assisting with operational needs and establishing innovative programs.
* Increased the operating budget by 25% by creating a strategy and tracking system that resulted in more effective and efficient grant writing efforts.
* Published a professional annual report and led the design of a new web site and program materials that enhanced foundation, donor, and client interest in the Center by 20%.
* Collaborated with the Executive Team to establish a fine art gallery for artists with disabilities to market their artwork and enhance their skills. The gallery serves hundreds of artists each year and is quickly becoming a reputable gallery that is making a positive impact on the region’s arts community.
* Developed relationships with local companies and foundations to expand awareness of the Center and gain additional funding to support ongoing as well as new programs.
DIGEX, INC., Beltsville, MD
(Digex, Inc., now a division of Verizon Business provides Web, application, and enterprise managed hosting services for businesses worldwide.)
Product Manager, Advanced IT Services, 2001 to 2004
Managed and developed a product line of web and application services.
* Created successful sales promotion which generated revenues of $100,000.
* Increased product line profitability by 20% through promotions, sales training, and leading a cross-functional team to resolve operational issues.
* Improved operational efficiencies by 15% through streamlining processes and creating standard documentation.
PACE, INC., Laurel, MD
(A recognized world leader in solutions for the assembly and repair of highly advanced electronics.)
Assistant Product Manager, 2000 to 2001
Responsible for the development and support of an $8 million commercial soldering product line.
* Facilitated the implementation of a beta test resulting in 1st year revenues 50% higher than projected.
* Improved efficiency of the product design process through creating standard survey documentation.
* Coordinated the redesign of product literature, web site and promotions, resulting in a 20% increase in sales.
* Enhanced sales relations by improving the quality of presentations and training sessions.
BLACK & DECKER/DEWALT, POWER TOOL DIVISION
(Fortune 500 global manufacturer of power tools, home improvement products, and fastening systems.)
District Sales Representative, 1999 – 2000
Increased the business of a $4 million sales territory by 120% in one year by enhancing sales associate training and developing solid relationships with store management, which resulted in prime retail space and larger orders.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Database Software.
UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE, Newark, DE
BS in Business Administration, Concentration: Marketing, 1999
Bluegrass for Babies, Inc., Board Member & Sponsorship Coordinator, 2008 – Present
Played key role in designing and promoting unique, family-friendly event,
which has grown 70% in just three years raising $45,000 for Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
St. Mary’s Church, Co-Chair of Parents Group & Sunday School Teacher, 2007 - Present
Organize several successful outreach events each year
JCI International, Greater Cincinnati Jaycees, 2004 – 2007
Most Valuable Member 2006
(In 2012, will become a member of ProKids, a group that supports kids in the foster care system and Kindervelt, an organization that raises funds for Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center)