Leadership & Management Skills
Develop and implement strategies for company and individuals; recruit, interview, and hire staff; lead using positive reinforcement and actions; demonstrate new techniques and operations through training and instructional manuals; travel independently for business; integral in advertising and marketing campaigns; pursue entrepreneurial business endeavors; coach, supervise, or manage a group of 30+; manage document control processes or databases; streamline processes to improve productivity and cost savings; provide insight to improve company and individual goals.
Participate in team development; courteous and professional demeanor; excellent follow through; independent and self directed; exceptional facilitation skills; effective communicator; active listener, positive and optimistic attitude; flexible; intellectual curiosity; experience working with culturally diverse staff and communities.
Excellent writing skills; research, prepare, and present information; perform public speaking engagements; Conduct quantitative and qualitative methods; coordinate and collaborate well under pressure; proactive work style; superior organizational management and support; detail oriented; creative problem solver; quick learner; able to multi-task in a fast paced environment; ability to work remotely/telecommute; able to relocate; experience working in international development and in developing countries, basic foreign language skills.
Hitachi S3400N Scanning Electron Microscope, JEOL JSM-6480LV low vacuum scanning electron microscope, XRD/XRF, Electron Dispersal Spectrometer x-ray system, Acu-Gage, CNC design, optical profilometer, spectrophotometer, MProbe spectrometer, optical microscope, Fluke multimeter, Hummer sputtering machine, infrared camera, Oriel Solar Simulator, NPC Solar Simulator, quantum efficiency instrument, soldering, knowledge of laboratory techniques, and cGMP certified.
Technical Writer (Security/IT), Catholic Health Initiatives via KForce Technology: Jan. 2014-June 2014
• Consultant for Catholic Health Initiatives providing technical writing solutions for the Security Engineering department
• Plan, develop, write, and edit operational, maintenance, software, test procedures and manuals.
• Create new or revise existing content for SOPs, equipment validation and regulatory submissions in accordance with CHI requirements and standards guidelines.
• Design Visio diagrams or workflows.
• Analyze gap assessments between National Standards and Site SOPs.
• Analyze technical literature, write descriptive copy, and verify documentation.
• Collaborate with Security engineers, managers, and application analysts to establish technical specifications for SSO (Single Sign On) authentication.
• Examine drawings, specifications, and product samples.
• Create reference documentation, including national standards and security policies.
• Ensure clarity of technical verbiage for multiple stakeholders.
• Ensure clarity of process documentation for outsourced Help Desk managers and support staff, including culturally sensitive language and phrasing.
Quality Control Analyst – Method Builder, Aerotek Scientific for Amgen: 2012-2013
• Created, modified, and managed electronic scientific procedures in Accelrys LES using MethodBuilder application.
• Identified and aligned document requirements
• Reviewed, revised, and qualified process documents
• Knowledge of Thermo LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System), Accelrys IM (Inventory Management), Accelrys Laboratory Execution System (LES), and Enterprise Document Management System
• Collaborated with subject matter experts (SMEs) in designing electronic lab notebook (eNotebook) (ELN) methods ensuring quality control (QC), workflow efficiency, and adherence
• Knowledge of lab operations, analytical lab techniques, and commercialization
• Workflow/process mapping
• Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) certified
Owner, Pinnacle ReCon, LLC: 2011-Present
• Pinnacle ReCon, LLC is a technical research and consulting firm which provides insight into a company’s operations by streamlining process and product development through research, analysis, creating effective documentation and implementing efficient solutions.
• Train staff on metrology and microscopy instruments
• Conduct imaging and analysis using metrology and microscopy equipment
• Create technical documentation such as standard operating procedures (SOPs), out of control action plans (OCAPS), installation manuals, and other technical policies and procedures
Quality Assurance/Quality Control Engineer, Ascent Solar Technologies: 2009-2011
• Authored standard operating procedures, out-of-control-action plans, defect atlas, low yield analysis, workflow charts, and a daily QAQC monitoring policy
• Successfully wrote an installation manual that received IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) Certification
• Revised and tracked documentation and adhered to stringent document control processes
• Created descriptions of products for database and internal documentation
• Created PowerPoint presentations, charts, graphs, and other visual aids concerning issues of quality control to improve process development
• Photographed products in order to analyze quality assurance and for internal documentation
• Organized and synthesized information for the purpose of analyzing and quantifying data
• Designed and modified 2D programs on an Acu-Gage (CNC machine) measuring and inspecting features of interest
• Integral in task force operation meetings and informed engineering and manufacturing leads about process development and quality control improvements
Data Analyst I, National Wildlife Research Center-Colorado State University: 2005-2006
• Researched human-wildlife conflict issues that directly addressed statement of interest
• Synthesized data and research findings for publication
• Utilized quantitative methods, such as statistical analysis
• Created charts, graphs, scientific posters, and other visual aids concerning human-wildlife conflict issues
• Organized pertinent research literature using online and library resources
Communication Coordinator, The Technology Firm: 2003-2004
• Researched, prepared, and drafted company user manual
Design Consultant, Noelle & Co.: 2000-2002
• Created descriptions of jewelry for database and website
• Designed initial company website
• Photographed jewelry for website
• Assisted in advertising and marketing events
• Managed and trained new sales staff
EDUCATION & ACHIEVEMENTS
Colorado State University: M.A., Anthropology and International Development, 2007
• Interned at Wings of Hope, a residential facility for children and adults with disabilities in Haiti. (Spring 2007)
University of Colorado-Denver: Algebra, Biology, Chemistry, Geology, and Spanish studies
University of Denver: B.A., Art History and Anthropology, 1999
• Ruth Underhill Award: Best senior anthropology thesis
• Alpha Gamma Delta: Kay Kavalec Algire Award
• Rho Lambda Women’s Honor Society
Deaf Culture research paper, Colorado State University graduate course work
• Conducted research regarding conceptions of Deaf/deaf culture, identity and disability
• Utilized qualitative methodology, including interviews
• Researched beliefs about deafness and cochlear implants utilizing quantitative methods
• Analyzed data and constructed a cultural model of deafness based on research
Disability Strategies in Chile research paper, Colorado State University graduate course work
• Examined the marginalized population of individuals with disabilities in Chile
• Defined disability in Chile within a historical context
• Researched strategies and policies implemented by the Chilean government as well as non-government agencies, which include non-profit organizations, health care facilities and educational institutions, which address the rights and services of disabled people
• Researched the issue of social inclusion in Chile of individuals with disabilities
Analysis of Disability in Haiti, Colorado State University graduate thesis
• Examined individuals with genetic disorders and disabilities in Haiti
• Defined disability within a Haitian context
• Researched strategies and policies implemented by the Haitian government, as well as non-government agencies, which included non-profit organizations and health care facilities
• Researched the issue of social inclusion in Haiti of individuals with disabilities
• Utilized qualitative methodology, particularly, interviews
• Conducted research regarding cultural conceptions of disability in Haiti
• Examined the relationship between Haitian culture, disability, and political economy theory
Internship at Wings of Hope-Fermathe, Haiti (February 2007 to May 2007)
The internship was completed as part of a graduate requirement for a master’s degree in Anthropology and International Development. I explored cultural conceptions of genetic disorders, disability, and social inclusion of individuals with disabilities in Haiti. I examined the role of the government and of non-governmental agencies in providing care and services to individuals with disabilities in Haiti. I determined viable solutions to address the needs of individuals with disabilities who receive care in Haiti. I presented my internship experience and research findings to my graduate committee. I have also presented my time in Haiti and research to the public.
• Assisted in the development and implementation of the physical therapy program for the residents.
• Worked with staff in the PT program, as well as visiting health care professionals, such as physical therapists, orthopedic surgeons, and kinesiologists.
• Assisted in the occupational therapy program, working with residents to improve hand-eye coordination, quantitative skills and speech.
• Participated in American Sign Language (ASL) tutoring with residents who were deaf
• Created a Physical Therapy Handbook with various exercises and stretches for each child that helped to meet their physical needs, based on the recommendations of the medical professionals.
• Learned to speak, write, and read Haitian Creole.
• Prepared a report for management with solutions on improving the quality of care for residents.
• Presented internship experience to church organizations and public audiences.