• Art Director/Graphic Designer/Web Designer with extensive and diverse experience in design, production, pre-flighting and press checks
• Expertise designing front end UI/UX for software and websites, working with key stakeholders and clients to ensure usability and agreed upon elements are incorporated in a mutually agreeable timeline
• Excellent hands on experience to plan and accomplish goals
• Strengths: Graphic Design, Web/UI/UX Design, Logos/Symbols, Advertising, Brochures, CMS Websites, Editorials, Magazines, Marketing Collateral, Newsletters, Package Design, Presentations, RFPs
Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Flash, HTML, XML, CSS, ASPX, .Net, Premiere, UI/UX Design, Freehand, QuarkXPress, Technical Illustration, MS Office, Hand drawing
Freelance/Contract Work - Anywhere Present
Design, production, web, logos, banners, whatever.
IQ Navigator - Denver, CO 2011 – 2012
GUI Graphic Design - 4 week contract position
• Design GUI for a software update, upgrading the look and feel, colors, etc.
BMGI - Denver, CO 2000 – 2011
• Used graphic arts expertise to execute all art and web design activities in a hands-on, fast-paced environment
• Delivers requests on time or before requested deadline with client satisfaction
• Conceptualize, design, and maintain numerous company and client websites
• Works closely with account representatives in creating marketing collateral, banner ads, CMS websites, landing pages
• The completion of all projects from concept and design through proofing, testing, reviewing, and production
Integrated Marketing - Boulder, CO 1998 –2000
• Brought on board to apply design knowledge in creating the layouts for all print collateral including magazines, newsletters, newspapers, brochures, and other print pieces
Nevada Appeal - Carson City, NV 1995 – 1998
Art Director/Graphic Supervisor/Ad/Editorial Designer
• Delivered a variety of professional, compelling display ads for clients/prospects, as well as editorial design/illustration.
• Created, edited, and produced a weekly tabloid-style free newspaper, Virgil’s Big ‘Ol Dime.
• Increased the papers ad revenue by 45% going to a full page ad for many different clients
• Created layouts, designs on all print i.e. magazines, newsletters, newspaper, brochures, and other print pieces
Cato Institute, Washington, DC 1990 – 1995
• Responsible for all design of Book & magazine design/production, marketing collateral, brochures, annual reports, and logo design
• Responsible for all visual aspects of printed projects
• Prepared files for pre-press output including flight-checking, producing color proofs and creating press-ready PDFs
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
• Design Chief - American Rifleman Magazine - Washington, DC
• Graphic Designer - Snyder Communications/Publishing, Rockville, MD
• Graphic Artist- AKG+M Advertising - Austin, TX
• Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design/Advertising - University of Texas at Austin