Matt Castagno is an Instructional Designer and eLearning Developer with ten years of experience in adult learning principles and design methodology. He uses his experience in training, project management, consulting and people management to help individuals and teams become more personally and professionally effective.
By utilizing presentation, facilitation, adult learning principles, accelerated learning techniques and various reusability approaches, Matt is able to help individuals learn to put their training to work immediately.
In his free time, Matt enjoys spending time with family and restoring classic cars.
Content, document management
Effectiveness, Efficiency, Employee Engagement
Training/L&D Best Practices
Quantifiable Training ROI
Mobile Learning Innovation
eLearning Developer Training Manager Travelers Insurance Public Company; 10,001+ employees; TRV; Insurance industry
May 2008 – Present (3 years 11 months) Windsor, CT
• Design and develop a variety of web-based training applications using state of the art technology and software.
• Effectively partner with business leaders, subject matter experts, and other groups to ensure the training solution properly aligns with the training gap and intended audience.
• Develop self-paced training courses, learning guides, web pages, simulations, animations, assessments, graphics and reusable templates.
• Integrate training programs with relational databases of learning content, tracking and reporting capabilities.
• Actively test, troubleshoot and diagnose technical issues, both individually and collectively within the team.
Instructional Technologist Aetna Public Company; 10,001+ employees; AET; Insurance industry
February 2007 – May 2008 (1 year 4 months) Middletown, CT
• Developed a variety of web-based training applications individually and in conjunction with an Instructional Design & Developer.
• Instrumental in researching, creating and implementing a user friendly storyboard template.
• Active in mentoring team members and consulting plan sponsors on engaging and instructionally sound course layouts.
• Developed online job aids through Aetna’s Content/Learning Management System.
Instructional Design and Developer Aetna Public Company; 10,001+ employees; AET; Insurance industry
March 2003 – February 2007 (4 years) Windsor, CT
• Designed and developed performance-based training tools, through the use of formal adult learning instructional design methodology.
• Conducted detailed performance analysis to determine expectations and knowledge gap(s) of the intended audience.
• Effectively managed e-learning programs through detailed scoping, design & delivery and quality assurance sessions.
• Worked in partnership with plan sponsors, business segments and subject matter experts to deliver an interactive and engaging learning experience for the end user.
• Simultaneously managed multiple, complex projects through the development and execution of detailed project plans.