More than 17 years of customer service, managerial experience including property claims estimations working with insurance claims adjusters. Exceptional training skills including management, administration and leadership experience in a standalone and smaller complex environments. I am also a Magna *** Laude Graduate with a B.Sc. in Business Administration.
Responsible for providing excellent service to clients by providing fast and efficient service in a courteous manner as well as extensive business, estimating and accounting software experience gained from holding managerial and accounting positions with small and medium sized companies both in the USA and Canada.
- Adept at using interviewing and assessment skills to create a suitable plan of intervention that achieves goals.
- Skilled in identifying barriers that clients face and developing tactics to overcome them.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Organized and detail-oriented individual with excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrated team player with a proven ability to lead, coordinate and implement projects.
- Competent in handling stress associated with long hours and high caseloads.
- Possess a valid G class driver's license and owns a reliable vehicle.
Windows Application, QuickBooks, SAP, UNIX, Xactimate and ScanNer Estimating software
MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook Express
Overall, I am an innovative, results oriented team player and have the skills required for success in this position.
Branch/Sales Assistant (Investments) October 2007- Present
CIBC Wood Gundy, Edmonton, AB CA
Operations/Switchboard – January 2010 to Present
Brad Hummel Project – January 2008
Randy Bretzer and Don Rosychuk Support – February to March 2008
Ronald and Penny Omell Team – March to April 2008
Bradburn/Case Team – April to June 2008
Blake/Robinson/Taylor Team – July 2008 to December 2009
Blaine Ostapovich Support – March 2009 – December 2009
Rolanda Campbell Project – July 2009 – December 2009
- Service the financial needs of clients in partnership with the Advisor(s).
- As required, prepare customized reports or information to meet anticipated client needs prior to the Advisor meeting with the client; at the request of the advisor, collection of potential client information if required.
- Coordinate transactional needs of customers, as required. (e.g., Client Account online access setup).
- Interact with internal and external service providers (e.g., Help Desk, Client File Administration, Private Client Investment , Fund Companies etc.) when necessary to ensure process work is completed correctly and within necessary timeframes; be proactive in identifying and resolving any complications that may develop.
- Coordinate customer activity information from other delivery channels.
- Monitor diary for upcoming Maturities/Restricted Client List/Margin Calls and advise appropriate Advisor.
- Maintain appropriate customer documentation.
- Ensure all forms relating to new account openings and investment products are available for client meetings.
- Backup for colleagues, when necessary.
- Build and execute a daily contact plan in partnership with the Advisor to meet portfolio goals (e.g.,GIC maturity calls, Portfolio Evaluations.)
- Assist the Advisor by booking client appointments, preparing client files using tools required to provide the ideal client experience.
- Prepare required forms and information packages in conjunction with the Advisor to meet specific customer needs.
- Complete/process all documentation required to finalize new account openings.
- Obtain necessary financial information from client for completion of investment plans and reviews.
- Review files to ensure all documentation are complete and accurate.
Accounts Receivables Credit & Collections Specialist February 2007- August 2007
Safety - Kleen Oil Recovery Division, Breslau, ON CA
- Managed over 600 US Oil Accounts Receivables and occasionally helped with the 1200 Canadian Oil Accounts Receivables.
- Liaise with clients and Sales Department to resolve client issues.
- Recommended clients for credit limit increases to the AR Supervisor.
- Corresponded by email or fax with clients.
- Maintained and filed customer records.
Director/ CPR & First Aid Training Center August 2004 - August 2005
Sahara Health & Safety, INC - Wilmore, KY. USA
- Instructed CPR and First Aid Courses
- Managerial decision maker
Office Manager May 2001 - October 2004
ServPro, Denver, CO. USA
- Proved multi-tasking abilities by scheduling and supervising staff, consisting of production and temporary workers.
- Prepare for meetings and correspond with member representatives on upcoming meetings.
- Prepare correspondences, document invoices, including materials for payment of contractors
- Maintain in-office calendar and training calendar, keeping track of schedules/appointments
- Created client database with Microsoft Works.
- Received cash and check receipts, maintained ledger book and computer record of bank deposits.
- Wrote and distributed payroll and contractor checks
- Posted billing and ran various invoices for clients
- Answered phones, greeted and assisted visitors, and handled general administrative duties, such as filing, faxing, copying and mailing.
- Customer problem solving on a managerial level.
Bank Teller January 1996 – October 1997
Norwest Bank now Wells Fargo - Denver, CO. USA
- Handled deposits and withdrawal transactions for customers.
- Money order changes for various businesses.
Canadian Securities Institute, Canada 2008
Canadian Securities Course - Pending
American Safety & Health Institute, Wilmore, KY, USA ? 2005
Basic CPR and First Aid Instructor
National American University, Denver, CO, USA ? 1995 - 2001
BSc. in Business Administration with a minor in MIS
Harare Polytechnic College, Harare, Zimbabwe ? 1994 - 1995
Diploma in Human Resources Management
K-W Multicultural Center, Kitchener, ON ? 2006
Home Daycare Provider Training
Norwest University, Thornton, CO, USA ? 1997
Bank Teller – New Hire Training
- Trinity Church Nutrition Volunteer Program 2006
- Toronto Food Bank 2005
- National American University Student Senate 2000 - 2001
- Alternative Pregnancy Center 1998 - 1999
- St Giles Rehabilitation Center, Zimbabwe 1992 - 1993
- 2000 - 2001 Who's Who among Students in American Universities and Colleges.
- $1200 Award Recipient for outstanding student on the President's List at National American University.
- Vice President in the student senate.
References will be provided upon request