Objective: Find a Work-at-Home Position
• Exercise initiative and independent judgment.
• Major strengths in planning and problem solving.
• Capable of handling multiple projects concurrently.
• Work well in a high pressure environment and maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Articulate and creative, offering innovative and practical solutions.
• Adept at both oral and written communication. Interact effectively with individuals at all levels.
• Skilled at encouraging others and developing rapport.
• Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
• Expert Administrative Support with over 10-years hands-on experience in various venues.
• Proficient in the use of various software packages including Microsoft Works, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks.
• Quickly learn procedures and methods.
• Assertive, self-motivated, goal-oriented, organized and efficient.
Appraiser I – Sales August 2006 to Present
Butler County Appraiser’s Office, El Dorado, KS
Began as Data Collector, advanced to Appraiser Trainee, Appraiser I and currently Appraiser I-Sales
• Identify and locate real estate property from plats, maps and legal descriptions.
• Maintain and updated hard copy of sales files.
• Update and maintain KSCAMA sales file.
• Verify sales data through interviews with property owners.
• Conduct field reviews and photograph properties for accuracy in relation to sales.
• Data enter sales information when necessary
• Perform exterior and interior inspections.
• Measure and sketch to scale all types of real property.
• Assist with final review and quality control of values.
• Conduct informal and payment under protest hearings to support and defend residential and agricultural property values.
Part-Time Receptionist February 2005 to July 2008
Guy Chiropractic Office, Augusta, KS
• Answer the telephone and set patient appointments.
• Greet patients of all ages, ushering them to the treatment room.
• Fill out various paperwork, including patient information forms, Medicare forms and Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) forms.
• Created a “how to” cheat sheet for various BCBS procedures for the office help.
• Set up email and BCBS accounts for office.
• Created BCBS log in sheet to track BCBS patient visits, payments and balances due.
• Sent patient billings and receive patient payments.
• File BCBS claims via internet.
Administrative Assistant (unpaid position for ex-husband) October 2002 to May 2006
Brendan Decker d/b/a Quality Labor Services, Douglass, KS
Conducted all administrative matters, including, but not limited to:
• Schedule jobs.
• Set up and maintain all bookkeeping, including, but not limited to: setting up QuickBooks on computer and maintaining all accounts, preparing and paying all sales tax due, preparing all tax information for accountant, etc.
• Create various forms for preparing and billing jobs, including, but not limited to: time sheets, invoice preparation sheets, subcontractor sheets, invoice forms, customer questionnaires, etc.
• Run various reports, i.e. profit and loss, balance sheet, current accounts receivable, etc.
• Create and maintain customer files.
• Bill customers and pay suppliers.
• Handle all incoming and outgoing cash.
• Type estimates.
• Purchase supplies as needed.
• Establish credit accounts with suppliers.
Branch Manager May 1999 to October 2001
Hooper Holmes, Inc. d/b/a Portamedic, Wichita, KS
Conduct all business matters concerning the Wichita Branch, including, but not limited to, the following:
• Hire and fire employees.
• Contract with examiners.
• Train new employees and examiners.
• Work within a given budget and strive for set revenue and expense goals.
• Strive for and accomplish financial growth.
• Maintain quality service within the office as well as evaluate quality service of the examiners.
• Maintain various records and evaluations of quality assessments and budget reviews.
• Submit monthly and annual financial reports.
Branch Manager (continued)
• Attend monthly meetings to meet potential clients and maintain contact with current clients.
• Make in-person sales calls to meet potential clients and maintain contact with current clients.
• Handle customer complaints.
• Perform annual reviews of employees and maintain personnel files.
• Attend annual national meetings and workshops given by the company.
Part-Time Sales Representative
Augusta Daily Gazette, Augusta, KS 11/03 to 1/04
Harvey County Attorney’s Office, Newton, KS 9/97 to 5/99
Part-Time Compute r Operator
Hehr International, Newton, KS 1/99 to 5/99
Wichita State University Wichita, KS
Recommended by Fairmont College of Liberal Arts and Sciences for Dean’s Honor Roll
Including transfer credits, total 84 credit hours, with an earned grade point average of 3.798
National College Kansas City, MO
Drury Evening College Fort Leonard Wood, MO
Hutchinson Community College Hutchinson, KS