Creative Marketing, Graphics & Communication professional with proven track record of success. Able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven, multi project environment. Capable of prioritizing and being flexible to accommodate last minute requests and changes. Strong leader and problem solver. Able to work with individuals and teams to achieve desired results. Self motivated and an innovative thinker, consistently pursuing new challenges to stretch abilities and expand knowledge. Excellent communicator, presenter and relationship builder. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite design software including, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and Adobe Acrobat.
Telecommunications On Demand, Pottsville, PA 2010 - 2011
Director of Marketing and Advertising
• Updated corporate image through new identity package that integrated familiar elements of
the original TOD logo with cutting edge graphics.
• Developed the overall design of website and web graphics.
• Applied brand identity and design standards to all presentations, collateral, proposals and
• Play an active role in internal and cross-functional brainstorming sessions.
• Direct media relations activities including creation of Media Kit, event planning, media
planning and placement.
• Designed and executed E-Mail blast campaigns.
• Managed trade shows.
Freelance Designer / Illustrator 1983 - present
Design advertising posters, print ads, direct mail pieces, wearables, information graphics, logos, newsletters, annual reports, presentation art, etc. from concept to finished product. Work with a diversified slate of freelance clients, writers, photographers, artists and printers
Partial Client List:
• USO Entertainment, Overseas Tour Division
• The Dallas Cowboys Professional Football Club
• Reading Truck Body, LLC
• The Children’s Home of Reading
• Metro Creative Graphics
Xetex Business Systems, Inc., West Lawn, PA 2008 - 2010
Graphics & Marketing Specialist
• Created new product logos, information brochures and pamphlets. Updated product
packaging and collateral materials such as user manuals and tutorials.
• Created graphics packages for E-Commerce clients.
• Collaborated with marketing team and web master to redesign corporate web page.
• Developed the overall design of the site, web graphics, advertisements, and flash
presentations for online tutorials.
• Developed monthly hot prospect direct mail postcard program. Worked with outside vendors
to create a more efficient direct mail distribution system resulting in substantial budget
Schuylkill Institute of Business & Technology, Pottsville, PA 2003 - 2008
Graphic Design Instructor
• Updated, created and implemented courses for the Graphic Design curriculum.
• Student advisor for multidisciplinary departments.
• Worked with conflict management/problem solving team.
• Conducted performance reviews, employee counseling and conflict resolution.
• Recruitment of new faculty and students through creative marketing.
• Conducted classes in effective communication.
• Evaluation of computer hardware and software and textbooks used in the program.
• Evaluation and recommendation on keeping the curriculum state-of-the-art.
• Provide field study for students through a network of professional contacts.
• Consistently received excellent student evaluations for teaching methods, student
engagement and course content.
The Times Leader, Wilkes-Barre, PA 1984 - 1994
Editorial Art Director
• Worked with staff reporters to create information graphics and illustration to accompany
news and feature articles.
• Design layouts of newspaper’s section fronts for Sports, News, and Feature departments.
• Created editorial cartoons for op-ed and sports sections.
• Established one of the first electronic editorial art departments in the northeastern region of
the US for newspapers with 40 thousand or less circulation.
• Supervised staff of layout and production artists.
• Sports department NHRA drag racing reporter/photographer. Covered national events
featuring Top Fuel World Champion Joe Amato.
• Feature department entertainment reporter/photographer. Reviewed country music concerts
featuring national touring acts.
Kutztown University, Kutztown, PA
B.F.A. Communication Design
• Four time recipient of the Pennsylvania Newspaper Publishers’ Association award for
graphic illustration and design
• Funny Bone Certificate of Merit from the New York Society of Illustrators and Madison Square Press
• Work appeared in New York Society of Illustrators “Humor”, a collection of America’s finest