I'm a Creative, Marketing & UX professional with two decades of international experience in design, advertising, rich media software development, marketing and mobile user experience. I spent 5 years with Electronic Arts, and have worked over the years with top brands including EA Sports, Visa, Bridgestone, Deloitte, Disney, Hasbro, Dreamworks, Warner Bros. and Mattel working on high profile product development and marketing reaching millions of consumers.
W O R K E X P E R I E N C E
[ 2015-2016 ] SweetRush Inc.
• Creative team leader over worldwide production on mobile app and interactive projects.
• UX Solutions architect with an emphasis on applying gamification to enhance corporate learning.
• Art directed UX and UD on e-learning apps, virtual instructor-led training systems, learning games, and micro-learning mobile app designs.
• Project management and client services fire-fighter on high-risk projects for Fortune 500 clients like Visa.
• Day-to-day responsibilities included client pitches, project scoping and management, team mentoring, 3D animation leadership, UX and UD prototyping, and production of conceptual and creative solutions.
[ 2012-2015 ] Entertainment
Director of Digital Design
• Led all UX visual design efforts for mobile, web, email, print, video and software apps in the leading discount and coupon company Entertainment.com.
• Served as Creative Director across the US and Canadian markets using Agile design and interactive development processes and the Fry OCP eCommerce platform.
• Partnered with the Dir. Acquisition Marketing and Dir. Loyalty Marketing to develop integrated marketing campaigns.
[ 2013-2013 ] VP Interactive
• Vice President of Interactive in an Integrated Advertising Agency for 6 months while Entertainment was in corporate reconstruction.
• Hart is ranked among the country's Top 50 business-to-business marketing firms, and I managed all Web, Mobile and other Digital creative production for key clients like La-z-boy.
• Developed new project management pipelines using ActiveCollab and other online collaboration tools so that account executives, designs and clients could have better end-to-end oversight over profitability and project execution.
[ 2006-2011 ] Interact Medical
• Partner at the 3D Animation and Interactive studio serving primarily the medical device, life sciences and biotech industries.
• Head of the Utah studio of 15 employees, managing 3D Animators, Web Developers and Mobile Programmers.
• Hands-on roles in developing processes for wireframing, prototyping and designing of UX for mobile devices.
• Managed overseas contractors in India and built the U.S. mobile app development team from scratch, increasing studio revenues from $1-$3 million in one year during the recession.
• Filled a CMO position until we hired a Sales Director who took over a dual Sales/Marketing role for the company.
[ 2002-2006 ] Electronic Arts, Inc.
Senior Art Director
• EA Sports Senior Art Director in the Florida Studio, directly managing 12 art directors who in turn managed 250 employees.
• Hands-on art direction of video game franchises Madden NFL, NCAA Football, Nascar, Tiger Woods, NFL Street and Superman Returns.
• Supervised global interface design standards for EA Sports (North America, Europe, and Asia), and prototyped UX standards across 8 sports tiles including FIFA Soccer.
• Managed in-game and promotional videos for EA Sports products. Built video and interactive prototypes for consumer-focused online and mobile video platforms.
• Recipient of numerous awards including the Visual Effects Society Best Real-time Visuals in a Video Game, and IGN Best Sports Game Award
• Elevated product presentation and quality, enabling the company to secure an exclusive contract with the NFL for Madden NFL 2006.
[ 1995-2001 ] EAI interactive
This was a Studio Management position in a medical visualization company that crossed over into interactive entertainment. I led projects in a hands-on role for Disney, Hasbro and Activision. I managed 20 Artists and Interface Designers, and acted as Producer on 2 titles for Hasbro and Disney. I was also part of a 3-person studio management team reporting to the COO in Ames Iowa where we accounted for P&L, etc. Helped manage studio growth from 9 to 50 employees in 3 years.
[ 1993-1995 ] Software Arts, Inc.
I led the creative team at this PC Game development studio. We produced a PC Strategy game for IBM Multimedia and Mattel/Spears Games called 'Power'. I managed an in-house art team of 5, plus contractors for web design, interface design, and motion graphics. We were successful in being acquired by public company EAI Interactive.
[ 1991-1993 ] Hurricane Room
Graphic Designer, Art Director
I formed a design studio with 2 partners. Our chief client was WordPerfect. We produced a mix of print collateral, point-of-purchase, radio and launch promos. Half of my time was hands-on design, the balance of time doing client service and managing freelancers. I left the studio to immigrate to the USA.
[ 1986-1989 ] Craig Wiser
Graphic Designer, Junior Art Director
I started my career in Advertising. My first accounts were for Shell Oil and BP. After two years I was assigned to Esprit Clothing brand. The projects were mostly print campaigns with a mix of above-the-line retail and point-of-purchase. I also worked for Young & Rubicam and Ogilvy Mather RST&M as a freelancer. I left to serve a 2-year fulltime mission for the LDS Church in Texas.
- Creative and Tech team management (up to 20 direct reports, agency, 3D studio, video game)
- Branding, product design and corporate identity
- Studio management as President (P&L, Financial forecasting, Operations, Recruiting)
- Art direction across multiple media formats (Web, Mobile, 3D, Print, Motion graphics)
- Multimedia Design (UX, game design, Mobile GUI, Web design, motion graphics)
- Web & Mobile Development (Usability, front-end scripting, content management)
- 3D Animation (modeling, texturing, animation, lighting, rendering)
- Motion graphics design and editing (2D animation, video post, audio design, video compression)
- Creative pitching, sales, proposal-writing, closing $100K+ deals
- Cape Technikon, Graphic Design Diploma – Cape Town, South Africa
- Ruth Prowse School of Fine Art – Cape Town, South Africa
- South African Military Intelligence – Kimberley, South Africa