• Over 18 years application design and development experience.
• Experienced in Microsoft .Net technologies, including architectural patterns and practices.
• Experienced Team Leader and Mentor.
• Full life cycle development and project management skills.
• Local resident available immediately.
Operating Systems Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, 2003, CE, NT, 9x
Database SQL Server 7, 2000, 2005, 2008 Oracle DB2
Programming, Software, & Tools ASP.NET 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, C#, VB.NET , J#, C++, Visual Studio, 6.0, .Net 2002 & 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010, Microsoft Enterprise Library 1.1, 2.0, 3.1,4.0, 5, Composite UI Application Block (CAB / PRISM), User Interface Process Application Block (UIP), Updater Application Block, Microsoft .Net Framework 1.0, 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, Microsoft Compact Framework, Microsoft Patterns and Practices, Microsoft Application Blocks, Windows Communication Foundation (WCF), Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Silverlight v1.1, 2,3,4 XNA v1.0, 2.0, 3.0, DirectX, Windows Expression, Adobe CS,CS4, CS5, Windows Workflow Foundation, Web Services 3.0, .Net Remoting, Visual Interdev, Visual C++, Visual Basic, Visual J++, ASP, COM, MFC, AFC, ATL, WFC, ISAPI, SOAP, WDSL, VBScript, XML/XSL/XSLT, Embedded VB and C++, ADO, RDS, ActiveX, Commerce Server, SharePoint Services and Portal Server 2001, 2003, 2007, MS IIS 5, 5.1, 6, Crystal Reports 8, 8.5,NET, 9.0, 10
Bull Moose / Nanocran Portland, ME
Software Developer 10/2011 – Present
• I am currently employed as a temp to hire software developer for one of Maine’s most popular retail music and media chains. Nanocran is a software service company providing point of sale solutions for both Bull Moose and many other national retail media chains.
• My duties are focused on the development of a new web ecommerce solution to be implemented for our clients later this year. The project leverages ASP.NET MVC3, JQuery, .Net Framework 4, WCF and SQL Server 2008 R2.
Geisinger Heath Plan Danville, PA
Consultant 4/2011 – 10/2011
• I was employed as a remote consultant for Geisinger Health Plan. I was charged with the sole development of premier WPF smart client application which will be unveiled later this year.
• Some of the core technologies used in development includes Entity Framework 4.1 code first, WPF, MVVM, WCF, EntLib, Prism, Unity 2.0, and Telerik UI components.
Unum Portland, ME
Systems Consultant 3/2010 – 12/2011
• I was employed at Unum as a Workflow/BPM technical lead in the Application Services Center of Excellence division. My main responsibilities were to facilitate the design and analysis of future BPM solutions leveraging Microsoft’s .Net technologies.
• During my first year with Unum, I was nominated and accepted membership to the corporate enterprise architecture team, specializing in UI architecture utilizing WPF and Silverlight technologies.
• As of April 2011, I became a part time consultant for Unum, leaving my primary role in order to find employment where I would have a more development related duties.
Active Outdoors Nashville, TN
Consultant 12/2008 – 3/2010
• My position with Active Outdoors was as a software developer. My tasks were split across many different applications. Some of these are ASP.NET applications, while others are WPF and WCF applications.
• While my role was as a team developer, I was solely responsible for the development of one of the company's major products. I was also called upon from time to time to lend my WPF and Silverlight expertise to various prototype efforts.
Outdoor Central Nashville, TN
Design Consultant 9/2008 – 12/2008
• I was engaged as design consultant at Outdoor Central. My primary duties were to develop and design innovative user interfaces and GUI frameworks for both web and windows applications.
• Outdoor Central has employed the latest Microsoft technologies, including WPF, WCF, LinqToSql and Silverlight. I used Microsoft's Visual Studio 2008 and Expression Studio 2.0 along with Adobe's Creative Suite 4 for my design work.
Walt Disney World Orlando, FL
Consultant 4/2008 - 9/2008
• I was hired as a consultant for the Disney .NET team, working on the Disney Magical Express project. My role is as a developer having both design and delivery duties. Some of the technologies used on this project were LinqToSQL, SQL Reporting Services, WCF, EntLib 4, Unity and Ajax for ASP.NET. All development leverages the 3.5 version of the .NET framework.
• I also have been prototyping solutions using Silverlight 2.0 for line of business and entertainment websites and WPF for customer facing commerce applications. These applications were designed using Microsoft's expression suite and Adobe's master collection tools. All development was with Visual Studio 2008 using the 3.5 version of the .NET framework.
Catapult Systems, Inc. Tampa, FL
Senior Consultant 2/2007 - 4/2008
• Placed as a consultant in a large team to develop new suite of applications for the Hillsborough County Clerk of Court. My duties consisted mostly as team application and report developer with some technical analyst responsibilities. Application design leveraged the latest best practices for SmartClient (CAB) development using C#, WCF, Enterprise Library and TDD using SCRUM methodology. UI design included the use of Infragistic's presentation suite. Microsoft’s Reporting Services was used for application and system reports. Some of the other tools used were TFS, VSTS, Resharper, CodeSmith, and GhostDoc.
Northrop Grumman Melbourne, FL
TeamCenter Community Administrator 2/2006 - 2/2007
• TeamCenter Community is a collaboration product from UGS, Inc. The application consists of a collection of templates and web parts for Microsoft’s Windows SharePoint Services as well as SharePoint Portal Server. My role at Northrop Grumman was to administrate multiple SharePoint environments and provide technical assistance to internal staff and business partners.
• Along with my daily system administration, I also develop SharePoint web parts, create detailed online reports, and integrate custom InfoPath forms. I also assist other software engineering staff on web development projects. All development was with C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2005 and SSRS.
Connextions Orlando, FL
Senior Lead Developer 9/2005-2/2006
• My primary duty at Connextions was to provide architectural guidance and leadership for software development. This included creating an agile software development process as well as introducing tools such as UML and test driven development. Some of the software projects that I contributed to are as follows:
• Levis Order Management System using C#, ASP.NET 1.1 and Commerce Server 2002.Sprint / Nextel’s Over Verification System using C#, ASP.Net 1.1
• Lance Armstrong Foundation’s Order Fulfillment System using C# Web Services.
• All of these projects utilize Microsoft’s Enterprise Library and various extensions for configuration, logging and exception management.
Walt Disney World Orlando, FL
Technical Specialist 4/2003-9/2005
• I was originally hired by Disney Cruise Line as a consultant to help introduce .Net development to a large group of Visual Basic and Delphi Developers. I accepted a permanent position soon after as technical specialist.
• I was the first member of the .Net Foundation Team. My responsibilities were to assist with improving the architecture of the .Net foundation and to assist others with its implementation through various development projects. I enjoyed many opportunities to assist as either a developer or as an auxiliary resource on different teams across Disney property.
• A small team of 3 developers and myself built a collection of service API’s for reuse throughout every .net development project. These services were built in C# using Microsoft’s .Net Framework 1.1, providing a foundation for rapid application development.
• I personally created a series of .Net services to leverage the Pocket PC and .Net Compact Framework. Using this ‘Compact Foundation’, I wrote two guest services applications for the Pocket PC.
• I developed a financial forecasting web application using ASP.Net and C# as well as a series of web service applications.
• I rewrote many legacy Visual Basic and Delphi applications to .Net using C#. These were mostly .Net console applications utilizing advanced caching and messaging schemes.
• I designed many of the services used by Disney Cruise Line to integrate their systems with Disney’s property management and human resource systems.
• Along with teaching development technologies, I also concentrated on mentoring life cycle development skills as well as object modeling skills using primarily Borland’s Summit lifecycle management tools along with Rational’s XDE modeling toolkit.
Virtual Bank West Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Consultant 2/2003 - 3/2003
• Contracted to instruct team in regards to ASP.NET development. Aided in the development of a custom CRM Portal used within the company. This application was built using Visual Studio.NET 2003 with ASP.NET and VB.NET. The application leveraged .NET web services to interact with multiple disparate data layers.
Custom Care Pharmacy Tampa, FL
Lead Systems Architect 8/2001 - 1/2003
• My duties were mainly to design, develop and implement software to accelerate business actions and interactions between multiple departments. This led to a Lead role, mentoring and managing junior developers as well as architecting new technologies.
• One of the first solutions was a document management system. It was built using ASP and COM utilizing the classic Windows DNA 3 tier design with SQL Server 2000. The software captures documents though custom scanning software, email, and by interacting with the company’s fax server. Having access to search, index and share these documents through the web radically improved performance and accuracy of handling prescriptions, bills, invoices, etc. Every developed system has been integrated with this system to provide document management.
• Using ASP.Net, VB.Net & C#, I created an interactive web portal for CCP. The portal integrates with Great Plains’ Solomon Financial System, the Goldmine CRM System, our own custom pharmacy quality assurance software and the Crystal Enterprise Suite. The portal offers a central location for staff to monitor all of the company’s workflow, whether it was customer service performance indicators or financial information. This was the focal point of the company’s EAI development.
• With Biztalk Server, XML, ASP.Net, VB.Net & C#, I have built a B2B web portal allowing CCP’s business partners to submit and receive information from various different internal systems. The main purpose of this portal was to interpret XML data from outside sources and integrate that information into numerous legacy systems.
• I Designed and implemented a custom pharmacy application to control quality assurance of compounded C2 pain management infusion drugs. The software has dramatically increased production as well as increased the quality of process. Using barcode scanning and smart tags the software provides for order entry, workflow processing, allergy and drug interaction as well as quality control.
• CCP has a unique J2EE nuclear medicine information system completely designed and developed by myself which provides much of the same abilities as mentioned above for the pain management system. This product is totally web based using JSP, Servlets, XML, XSL, XSLT, & EJB. One of the best features of this product is its capability to store nuclear inventory as well as govern the preparation for nuclear drug prescriptions.
• All internally developed systems and customizations utilize SQL Server 2000. Every system has been designed from the data layer taking in account for scalability and performance. I was responsible for all maintenance and data model design. Using SQL Server 2000 I created databases, tables, views, stored procedures, triggers and indexes.
Titan Data Corporation Clearwater, FL
Lead Developer / Systems Architect 3/2001 - 8/2001
• I managed a small team of six developers and support personnel.
• I designed, developed and implemented a web enabled document management suite. This product used ASP, C++, VB & COM / DCOM in a multi-tier environment following the Windows DNA architecture. I was also solely responsible for creating all imaging software necessary for the product.
• This product branched into other smaller custom workflow and automation packages per customer using VB, C++, ASP, Java, and J2EE.
• All software was built to work with SQL Server 2000 or Oracle.
AOL Time Warner Tampa, FL
Senior Programmer Analyst 9/1999 - 3/2001
• I managed my own projects from design to implementation.
• Most projects were for internal staff using VC++, VJ++, VB, & SQL.
• I was solely responsible for all J2EE development – which encompassed three large, full scale applications using JSP, Servlets, and EJBs with WebLogic.
• I was also the designated developer for all mobile and wireless applications. I built two applications for use on Pocket PCs using VCE & VBE with SQL & XML.
The SSI Group, Inc. Tampa, FL
Senior Programmer Analyst 6/1998 - 9/1999
• I developed claims management web software using ASP, VB, VC++, MS SQL, Oracle, & DB2. This software used distributed architecture similar to Windows DNA.
• I was a team leader, responsible for five developers.
Robbins Engineering Tampa, FL
Programmer 9/1996 - 6/1998
• I was part of a small team of developers developing structural engineering software.
• This product was used by home developers to design blueprints. The product offered a very rich CAD interface for design and made all the necessary computations for structural integrity. The software was completely built in VC++.