Previous Work Experience
Rocktenn Prepress; previously Smurfit-Stone/ImagePac
Burlington/Guelph, ON October 2007 – Present Day
Graphic Designer/Packaging Pre-press designer
• Designing art for packaging prepress and production purposes
• Creating artwork for customer approval
• Dealing with customer needs in a professional atmosphere
• Setting up approved art for in house prepress
• Use of adobe cs applications in a mac based environment
• Use of Esko sep file requirements on a daily basis.
• Backup artist for all North American plants - ability to manage multiple jobs & tasks
Etobicoke, ON August 2005 – October 2007
Graphic Designer/Film Output
• Designing art for packaging prepress and production purposes.
• Outputting film, stripping, duping, trapping art, registration marks, etc.
• Use of cad files & Mylar’s for layout, creating HP plots for mounting.
• Order Entry – pre-flight jobs for production use.
• Multi-tasking between creating art, running film, plots, order entry.
• Mac and PC, illustrator, Photoshop, acrobat, Corel. AS400, Novel, GroupWise.
Guelph, ON June 2004 - August 2005
Graphic Designer/Production Designer
• Designing hockey jerseys, from concept to final design.
• Production, trapping, film output.
• Screen printing, Digital printing & Sublimation printing.
• Mac and PC, illustrator, Corel.
Toronto, ON September 2001 - May 2004
Packaging Graphic Design
Humber's unique package design program will teach you the business of designing, manufacturing and marketing of packaging. Computer design, graphic design, three-dimensional design (corrugated, paperboard and plastics), the relationship of design objectives to technological and marketing requirements, materials and their limitations, and the economics of the packaging industry. The program emphasizes the psychology of colour and design, product protection, government regulations affecting the package, printing and reproduction processes, packaging, CAD, and the impact of consumerism on the design process. In the sixth semester, placement in an internship component in a design studio, packaging plant, packaging printer or research facility.
Guelph C.V.I. - Secondary School grade 9 - OAC
Synchronized Figure Skating Judge
2002 - 2003 Trial Judge
2003 - 2006 Novice level Canadian Judge
2006 – 2009 Junior level Canadian Judge
2009 - Present Day Senior level Canadian Judge
Available on request.