Locally recognized radio advertising personality and writer, seeking freelance writing and radio voiceover opportunities.
Areas of Expertise
• Business to Consumer Sales • Marketing
• Business to Business Sales • Content Engineering
• Consultative Sales • Proficiency in MS Office Suite and web based
• Training / Education Sales reporting tools
• Financial AID / Grants • Magazine Article Writing
• Private Student Loans • Public Speaking / Seminars
• Radio and Print Advertising
Sr. Education Consultant / Recruiter, 12/2008 - Current
New Horizons Computer Learning Center – Overland Park, KS
Generated 40% of company's revenue in 2010 by selling "IT Career Track" programs- 2nd highest production of revenue by any New Horizons sales associate, worldwide, in 2009 and 2010, out of 305 locations worldwide and over 1500 sales associates.
Wrote and recorded radio advertisements. Locally recognized as the "Voice of IT Training in Kansas City" Established and maintained relationship with Student Loan Companies Sallie Mae and Mary Mae
Generated more "Workforce Investment Act" grants for unemployed students than any other New Horizons Sales Associate worldwide in 2010.
Contributing Writer, 01/2006 - Current
Wrote cover and feature articles on IT Certification topics including Technologies in Demand; Study Tips; Time Management; and Financing an IT Education
Sr. Education Consultant / Recruiter, 08/2002 - 12/2008
Centriq-Foss Training – Leawood, KS
Top Salesperson all 6 years that I worked there. Best year was 2008 in which I generated $3.79 million in revenue and earned the most of my career...$379k
Closed more Sallie Mae private student loans than any other private IT School worldwide in 2008 Wrote and recorded radio advertisements
Designed successful print ad campaign in the KC Star
Education Consultant / Recruiter, 09/2000 - 08/2002
PC University – Lenexa, KS
#1 Salesperson both years that I worked there. Generated 90% of company's revenues in 2002.Personally filled training facility to capacity which resulted in expansion of training facility from 4 to 7 training rooms.
Account Executive, 05/1999 - 08/2002
Empower Trainers and Consultants – Overland Park, KS
#1 Salesperson each of the 3 years that I worked there.
In addition to selling IT Career Tracks, also excelled at Business to Business sales, including software and application development projects.
1990 The American University – Washington, DC, USA
BA International Studies International Relations
• Concentration in European and Latin American Studies
• Graduated Magna *** Laude
• Presidential Scholar, Hall Family Foundation Scholar
• 1989 National Lincoln-Douglas Debate Champion held at UCLA (defeated Harvard in the quarterfinals, Cornell in the semi-finals, and Berkley in the finals)
• Student Representative to Faculty Senate
• Studied abroad in Vienna, Austria
• NATO Youth Exchange, US Representative
• Atlantic Council Scholar