University of Wollongong
2002 Bachelor of Creative Arts – Creative Writing
Hachette Australia | 17/207 Kent St, Sydney, NSW, 2000
Hachette Australia is one of the top publishing companies in Australia.
Sales Coordinator August 2003 – September 2011
• Writing copy and proofreading for the marketing and publicity teams
• Writing and distributing weekly newsletters to sales team
• Creating order forms for major customers
• Managing information flow to customers and sales team
• Managing the sales merchandising team
• Managing customer orders through system
Proof Reader April 2003 – August 2003
• Proofreading ads for Sydney Pink Pages
• General filing/admin
• Assisting with Reception duties
• Proficient in the current Microsoft Office package
• Typing speed of 60wpm
• Excellent time-management
While I am new to freelance copywriting, I have a Bachelor degree in creative writing and I feel comfortable writing in any genre. I have worked for over eight years in the publishing industry, gaining experience in marketing, publicity and sales. In each of these areas, I was able to put my writing skills to use in the form of newsletters, press releases, reviews and telesales marketing sheets.
I feel that my writing and publishing background gives me the experience to take on any copywriting role. I am adaptable, quick to learn and able to produce quality work in a timely manner.