2233 N. Sunset Drive
Mesa, AZ 85215
To obtain a position as an Interior Designer with a progressive organization
HIGHLIGHT OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Award winning Professional Interior Designer with over 24 years of experience in both residential and commercial projects.
• Ability to visualize an environment and implement a project with professionalism and confidence
• Experienced in upper management with strong leadership abilities and solid project management background
• Ability to communicate with clients concerning proposals and comfortable with formal presentations
• Excellent relationship with all levels of personnel, from line employees to executive management
• Professional affiliation with the Interior Design Association (IDA)
ASSOCIATE OF ARTS, Rexburg, Idaho
RELEVANT SKILLS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
• Space planning in residential and commercial spaces using professional grade presentation drawings
• Floor planning and presentations utilizing sketches, color schemes, rendering, and samples from vendors.
• Effectively created multi-million environments using high end furnishings from Marge Carson to Bradington Young
• Extensive study and expertise in the Art History, Furniture Design, and Lighting fields.
KNOWLEDGE AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Evaluated status updates from manufactures and managed installation processes.
• Supervised commercial and residential accounts to insure proper project completion
• Controlled a multi-million dollar budget and coordinated with top management for effective and useful new budgeting techniques
• Analyzed corporate paperwork for various status reports for financial purposes.
• Educated in the fields of Interior Design, Management, Marketing, Business and Finance
• Experienced n sales consultations with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers.
• Effective team player that received service awards from management and peers
• Communicated with customers and buyers that involved direct sales, also, with vendors, manufacturers and installers to ensure project completion
• Facilitated personalized customer services, internal and external marketing, and quality controls
• Received service awards from executive management in the areas of organizational development
2011-Present Interior Designer/Sales Norwood Furniture Gilbert, Arizona
2009-2011 Interior Designer Robb & Stucky Interior Scottsdale, Arizona
2006-2009 Interior Designer Terry Stewart Interior Design Rexburg, Idaho
2001-2005 Founder/President BellaFina Meridian, Idaho
2011-Present Norwood Furniture
2009-2011 Robb & Stucky Interiors
2005-2009 Independent Interior Designer
Designing and decorating multi-million dollar homes
2001-2005 BellaFina, LLC Founder/President
• Conceptualized and designed layout of a 14,000 square foot store that resembles an Italian Villa that catered to high net-worth clientele. Designed the layout of the store including:
o 15 custom vignettes
o 16 foot bar used for events and lounge seating
o Designer Boutique for custom clothing, jewelry and accessories
• Developed a new concept for shopping be allowing customers to browse furniture and speak to sales representatives while significant others can rest by the lounge enjoying spirits, snacks and television.
• Oversaw daily operation of designers, administrative staffing, shipping and receiving, floor sales people and maintained all vendor lines.
• Pursued latest furniture, accessories and wall accoutrements by traveling to various markets throughout the world.
• Excellent communicator
• Highly creative
• Exceptional execution
• Exceptional eye for quality
• Buying and negotiating skills
• Problem solving
• Pushing the envelope of design and decorating
• Keeping a pulse on latest floor and wall coverings and design market
• Self driven and motivated
• Visual room display
Having a strong sense of the esthetic…an eye for color and detail, a sense of balance and proportion and an appreciation for beauty.
SELECTED PROJECTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Leadville Terrace, Thundersprings, Four Seasons, multi-million dollar pent houses in Sun Valley, Idaho
• Republic Mortgage, Boise Branch…Decorated with new furnishings and accessories
• Republic Mortgage, Idaho Falls Branch. Executed interior design from the beginning stages of the construction to the finishing of furniture and accessories
• Awards and Achievements: 2002 “Parade of Homes”: Best Designer and Decorator
• 1998: “Unique Homes of Idaho” Featured article regarding the design of high profile residential home
• “Festival of Trees” Awarded Best of Show
• 2004 Featured in the following magazines: Luxury Living, Unique Homes of Idaho, Horizon Airlines and Sun Valley Magazine
“Terry Stewart Designs…Where artistic innovation meets functional perfection”
Award-winning interior design entrepreneur Terry Stewart of Scottsdale, Arizona is a talented and innovative professional designer with two decades of experience in high-end commercial/residential projects. As a former owner of an exclusive furniture and design showroom in Sun Valley, Idaho, Terry understands the interior design business from the inside out. Her work has been featured in several interior design magazines and she was awarded the coveted “Best Designer” award for her signature styling and innovative use of space in the million-dollar-and-above category, Sun Valley Parade of Homes 2003.
Terry is renowned for her unique ability to extract the highest possible level of style and excellence from a project budget. Her extensive vendor expertise and established relationships with top-drawer vendors such as Marge Carson, Maitland Smith, Old Hickory Tannery and others give her a unique advantage is designing and delivering the finest custom elements to her discerning clients, on-time and within budget. She works closely with architects, builders, vendors and various specialty subcontractors to ensure the project is planned, executed and concluded to perfection, from flooring installations and cabinetry to lighting, custom wall finishes and immaculately-detailed appointments.
Terry’s mastery of the art of design allows her to fully-exercise her creative intuition while remaining true to the project vision, resulting in a win-win culmination of functional precision, artistic innovation and the ultimate in design accomplishment – true client satisfaction.
Terry Stewart’s professional experience and design philosophy incorporate all critical project requirements:
o Thoroughly researching the local environment, subcontractor resources and location history for projects in the United States and beyond
o Meticulously developing the strategic plan for meeting project goals and deadlines while maximizing the buying power for the project
o Aggressively negotiating costs and sourcing unique design elements from around the world for best-in-class project results
o Creatively layering design elements within each space to accommodate the unique purpose, location and function of every room, in accordance with the overall project vision and lifestyle of the occupants
o Reliably finishing each project to perfection, down to the most intimate finishing details