Able to handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines. Proficient in English/Spanish writing, editing, and spelling. Adept in Microsoft Suite of applications. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills. Experienced in maintaining confidentiality. Able to travel.
• One on one tutor to MS student in a variety of subjects, depending on homework and projects for that week.
• One on one tutor to HS student in English, Physics and Bible. Also work towards preparing him for the PSAT.
• One on one tutor to HS student in AP Biology with occasional forays into AP Spanish and AP World History.
• One on one tutor to an adult business woman in Spanish and Hispanic cultural mores.
• Taught SAT Prep class during Summer Semester, 2011.
• Taught English to Middle School students during Summer Semester, 2010 with an emphasis on writing and style.
• Taught accelerated class in High School English during Summer Semester, 2010 with an emphasis on grammar and syntax.
• Taught High School ESL Language Laboratory class with an emphasis on grammar and vocabulary.
• Taught High School Biology with an emphasis on college preparation.
• Teach High School ESL class with an emphasis on increasing vocabulary and writing skills.
• Teach 2nd and 3rd year Spanish.
• Transcribed audio for commercial video use at Video Jump.
• Proofread and corrected Spanish transcriptions.
B.A., 1980 - Stanford University, Stanford, California. Spanish. Major areas of concentration: Semantics, Phonology, and Languages. Minor areas of concentration: Human Biology, Psychology.
M.S., 1994 - College of Notre Dame, Belmont, California. Systems Management.
U.C. Berkeley Marketing Certification 1996 - U.C. Berkeley Extension, San Ramon, California.
Advanced Toastmaster - BRONZE, 2005 - TOASTMASTERS INTERNATIONAL.