2201 Evergreen Royal Oak, MI 48073 (248) 320-9705 email@example.com
Seeking freelance opportunities in the writing field in order to hone my communication and creative skills.
Highly motivated worker with a history of rapid advancement in the workplace. Contributor to Bleacher Report with ten completed articles with over 12,500 page reads. Four years experience in the service industry managing employees, maintaining budgets and supply purchases, and two years overseeing event planning for groups as large as thirty. Possesses an advanced ability to interpret information and relay it to various parties through excellent oral and written communication skills.
Bleacher Report Contributor
Bleacherreport.com, December 2010-present.
• Create interesting, sports-related news articles for readers to discuss.
• Received 8 awards for benchmarks in page reads and lead stories.
Huntington Woods Parks and Recreation Huntington Woods, MI Summer ‘09, Summer ‘10
• Channel creative abilities through creation of arts and crafts, activities, and games.
• Manage camp budget spreadsheets as a result of supply purchases and event planning.
• Maintain employee schedules, duties, and morale.
• Construct effective communication systems between my superior and my subordinates.
• Coordinate daily routines and activities for staff and campers.
General Manager Poolside Cafe
Pine Lake Country Club Orchard Lake, MI Summer ‘06 , Summer ‘07
• Controlled budget and stock spreadsheets concerning food, beverage, and supply purchases.
• Designed and implemented employee schedules, duties, and morale.
• Cultivated effective communication systems between my superior and my subordinates.
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Word
• Budgetary spreadsheets.
• Document organization and production.
Central Michigan University (Mt. Pleasant campus)
• Fall ’05 – Spring ‘10
• Major field of study: English