Dependable, muti-task-oriented and energetic with exceptional interpersonal and decision-making skills. Strong work ethic, professional demeanour and great confidentiality qualities.
* Photography, outdoor/indoor
• Executive management support
• Excels in scheduling
• Proficient computer skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Critical thinker, self-starter with professional manner
• Energetic, organized with superior attention to detail
• Effective time management and prioritizing
• Team player and works very well independently
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excel in client/patient relations
• Extensive experience in data collection and data entry
* Sports photography for volleyball team, soccer, hockey
* Event photography for Stephanie McIlroy, singer/songwriter.
* Published photos in newspapers and event issues
• Coordinated daily schedule for principal and various board meetings with affiliate committees.
• Conference bookings with principal and faculty, interview scheduling for various positions.
• Corresponded with patients through phone, fax, email, and in person to schedule appointments.
• Day-to-day scheduling for medical doctor outside of medical office.
• Travel planning for domestic and international destinations, ensured concise itinerary information.
• Accountable for all operations of busy medical office, including all patient inquiries, telephone calls, scheduling appointments, referrals to specialists, billing, charting, filing, routing laboratory results, and medical transcription of patient records.
• Screening calls for principal, medical doctor and staff.
• Regular inventory and ordering medical/office supplies.
• Regular updates to medical doctor’s Curriculum Vitae as accomplishments, experience, staffing appointments and hospital titles were achieved.
Training, Supervising and Leadership
• Responsible for training and supervising all temporary staff, medical secretary students, volunteers and part-time/casual help to ensure continued quality of patient care and smooth office operations.
• Leadership within Education Board, Hiring Committees, classroom visitations, principal evaluations and collaborating Education / School Policies for implementation.
• Staff selection interview leadership.
Data and Office Organization
• Improved office organization by compiling running schedules and agendas.
• Reorganized medical filing system to ensure proper accessibility for staff and physician.
• Ensured necessary patient information packages and technical library information were printed and /or ordered for continued distribution.
Meeting / Event Preparation and Administration
• Prepared agendas and minute-taking for Education Board, School Board and various committees.
• Coordinated meetings, events, programs and commemorative book.
• Coordinated food services, keynote speakers, guest speakers, and international physician, travel, and accommodation arrangements for various events.
July 2011 to Executive Administrative Assistant
October 2011 Human Resources Dept., Community Care Access ~London, ON
February 2011 to Executive Administrative Assistant to the Prinicipal
March 2011 Kings University College, UWO ~London, ON
February 2001 to Medical / Executive Assistant
June 2010 Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, Dr. A. Belda ~London, ON
February 1992 to Secretary / Receptionist
July 1993 Extendicare London ~London, ON
April 1999 to Secretary
July 1993 Standard Life (Group Pension Administration) ~London, ON
• Accident and Sickness Disability Insurance (2012)
• WHMIS Training Certificate (2008)
* Lambton College Photography Course (2007)
• Medical Clerk Certificate (2007) Honours
Lambton College ~Sarnia, ON
Medical Terminology, Medical Office Procedures, Working and Communicating in a Medical Setting, Microsoft Word Specialist, Microsoft Excel Specialist, Medical Conditions for the Medical Office Professionals, Understanding Surgical Procedures for the Medical Staff
• Word Processing Certificate (1992) Honours
Westervelt Business College ~London, ON
Business Language Fundamentals, Computers, Lotus 123, WordPerfect, Typing, Office