223 S. Front St.
Wilmington, NC 28401
An award winning producer/director with more than 15 years of experience in commercial, documentary and news production. Gary began his career as a field producer at a Washington news bureau where he conducted interviews and produced segments for sixty-five local news stations nationwide. With an established background in news production, Gary moved to Los Angeles and launched Focus Productions, a company which produced and distributed video news releases and client-sponsored documentaries for Fortune 500 companies including Nike, McDonald’s, Campbell’s Soup, Ralston Purina and Midas. In recent years, Gary has moved into directing commercials, public service announcements and long form film-based productions. His directing credits now include spots for McDonald’s, Energizer, Mastercard, Florida Citrus Growers, The College Board, American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, Live Earth and Dow among others.
Bachelor of Arts 1988
Duke University Durham, NC
Executive Producer/Director 2004-Present
Public Address System, Inc.
• Write, produce and direct commercials, public service announcements, web videos and documentaries for cause-related marketing campaigns.
• Develop strategies for corporate social responsibility communications efforts • Market and distribute video content across various media platforms including TV, web and
• Clients include: Dow, Energizer, Mastercard, American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, Live Earth & The College Board.
Executive Producer/Director 1994-2004
• Write, produce and edit video news releases, B-Roll packages and satellite media tours for Fortune 500 companies.
• Oversee placement and distribution of client-sponsored news to television and radio news outlets nationwide.
• Clients include: Nike, McDonald’s, Campbell’s Soup, Pillsbury, Chrysler, Purina, Energizer, Florida Citrus Growers, Midas & American Cancer Society
Field Producer 1988-1994
Local Program Network
• Produce B-Roll packages of Washington-based political stories for news bureau serving 60 network affiliate stations throughout the country.
• Direct satellite interviews with Washington newsmakers • Develop and pitch story ideas to affiliate news stations
• Producing • Final Cut Pro
• Directing • Videography/Photography • Editing • Color Correction • Audio Mixing
• Avid • After Effects • Apple Color • Photoshop • Adobe Lightroom