WHO I AM
• Professional editor, copy editor, and proofreader.
• Over 20 years of experience in all genres.
• Current and past clients include Perfection Learning Corporation, Gentle Giraffe Press, Really Great Reading Company, Untreed Reads, eDynamic Learning, Hartlyn Kids, Lizzy Ford, and a myriad of other small presses, businesses, and individual authors.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Detail-oriented proofreader with excellent grammar skills and strong aptitude for spotting and correcting errors in copy. Looks beyond spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors and scrutinizes copy for overall consistency.
• Meticulous fiction, nonfiction, and educational editor and proofreader who can make verbose text crisp and concise. Has strong aptitude for keeping author’s style and voice intact during the editing process.
• Excellent substantive editor capable of assisting individual authors with characterization, plot, dialogue, and overall style.
• Familiar with standard style guides, including Chicago Manual of Style and AP, and easily adapts to individual house styles; expert at using Microsoft Word’s edit tracking system.
• Familiar with publishing industry methods and standards.
• Twenty years of experience working both in-house and freelance.
• Proven leadership ability; experience as a team leader in charge of training and overseeing proofreaders and editorial assistants.
• Experienced researcher.
• Deadline-oriented team player with pleasant personality.
ACCOMPLISHED EDITOR/COPY EDITOR/PROOFREADER IN THE FOLLOWING FIELDS
• Edited/copyedited/proofread novels, short stories, and nonfiction books, many of which are now found on Amazon.com and other outlets. Worked with many genres, including but not limited to fantasy, science fiction, mystery, and self-help.
• Edited/copyedited/proofread educational materials for K-12 educational publishers; materials included textbooks, workbooks, tests, and supplementary guides.
• Copyedited/proofread books for Gentle Giraffe Press, which develops children’s nature books for museums and wildlife preserves across the country.
• Line-edited Retold series, which included classic novels and short stories rewritten to lower reading levels for at-risk students.
• Performed developmental rewriting and editing of the Anne Schraff young adult novels, which became best-sellers for Perfection Learning Corporation.
• Proofread technical instruction booklets/guides for AOPA airplane pilots association.
Advertising and Marketing
• Edited/proofed catalog materials for various publishers and businesses.
• Involved in many projects from concept through publication.
• Materials included marketing brochures, direct mail, and catalogs.
• Edited/proofed Web content for various companies.
• Microsoft Word
• Adobe Acrobat
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft PowerPoint
• Microsoft Outlook
• Some knowledge of Web editing, including html and DreamWeaver
PARTIAL LIST OF PAST AND CURRENT CLIENTS
• Gentle Giraffe Press
• Really Great Reading Company
• AOPA Air Safety Foundation
• Angel Bea Publishing
• Untreed Reads
• Lizzy Ford Books
• eDynamic Learning
• Myriad individual authors and small presses