Eric Yi Lin
Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, California
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Illustration, August 2007
Current: Freelance artist with Binary Pulse Technology Marketing, CA
• Work closely to the art director to create motion graphic video for different software and products.
• Create animation from storyboard and different graphic asset using After Effect.
April 2011 – October 2011: Assistant Matte Painter at Blizzard Entertainment, CA
• Work closely to the art director to create matte painting and animation.
• Create matte painting using 3d asset and photo reference.
• Setting up camera projection for the shot.
• Animate and adding post production effects to the shot with After Effect and Nuke.
November 2007 – November 2008: Designer at Brainsoup Studios- CA
• Design and illustrate graphic image for DVD menus and content, and handling other varieties of projects with Adobe software including Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effect.
• Handle the project from conceptual phase to production and QA, while communicate with the art director to ensure the quality and the direction are met.
• Prepare and deliver the projects in the correct file format, naming convention and file structures.
Traditional: Pencil, Colored-pencil, Oil and Acrylic Painting.
Digital 2D: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Corel Painter.
Digital 3D: Autodesk 3ds Max, V-ray, Z-brush, Eon Software Vue, familiar with Autodesk Maya.
Compositor: After Effect, Nuke
Language Abilities: Mandarin Chinese – Fluently, English – Fluently.
Other Interest: Gaming, Photography, Video Making, Music/Sound recording.
Brian LaFrance - Cinematic Matte Painting Supervisor in Blizzard Enteratinment, Irvine, CA
Charles Bunnag - Freelance Matte Painter / Digital Colorist in EFILM, Hollywood, CA