Energetic self-starter with demonstrated knowledge of interpreting, advising and teaching. Extensive experience working with diverse student populations. Powerful communication skills. Effective team player, manager of multiple duties and tasks. Bilingual fluency in reading, writing and speaking Arabic and English. Customer service experience, with strong orientation to client satisfaction. Experience working in diverse cultural settings.
Bachelor of Arts and Sciences, Public Relations and Communications Minor, Business University of Rhode Island, Kingston, Rhode Island August 2010
Damascus Radio and Television, Damascus, Syria Summer 2009
• Translation and editing services
• Live studio broadcasting
• Light managerial and office work
Arabic Teacher and Interpreter, Johnston and Providence, Rhode Island 2006-Present
• Assist new immigrants in processes related to higher education and immigration
• Individualized tutoring for adolescents and adults
• Taught Arabic for adolescents and young adults at URI and in Johnston, R.I.
• Translation services in multiple Arabic dialects for international students
• Prepared/executed presentations about the Middle East during Diversity Week at URI
• Organized/ led campaigns to provide education about the Middle East
• Member of the Arabic Student Society of URI, engaging students in cultural aspects of Middle Eastern and Western societies.
Typing 50wpm, Microsoft Word, Research, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of Excel. Excellent computer literacy and research skills. Conversational knowledge of Spanish. Fluency in Syrian, Lebanese and Egyptian Arabic.
ACTIVITIES AND OTHER INTERESTS
Involved in Public Relations Association at URI, initiating and promoting campaigns. Avid patron of the arts; cultural events, music and singing performances, local community events.