To find a position that allows me to use my creativity, visual arts skills, and social skills to tackle artistically challenging projects that require a wide range of artistic skills, in mixed media forms.
Throughout my career and education history I have been exposed to and participated in many fields and disciplines that have greatly increased my artistic skill set.
During high school I took many Art classes, and through the peer tutoring program, taught the grade 9 classes for a grade 12 credit while also taking grade 12 Art. Upon graduating from high school I received the Art Award for artistic excellence.
Throughout my time in post-secondary, I have taken Technical drawing courses, and Architectural drawing courses during my time in college, and many Geography and Archeology courses at University. These courses have expanded my mental image database and spatial understanding which can clearly be seen in the detail of my pieces.
With my education background as well as my listed work experience, I feel I would be an asset to any creative and artistic projects.
• Artistically skilled with most mediums
• A keen expression of ingenuity
• Strong in both a team setting or alone
• Friendly and encouraging
• Dedicated to art
Production Assistant – MJ Sign Craft
• During the summers of 2009 and 2011 I worked as a production assistant at a sign shop in Southern Ontario. There, myself and the owner/designer, built and installed a large range of types of signs, vehicle coverings, and decorative features. I, working often times independently, on projects or installations.
Artist and Organizer – Bethesda Youth Outreach
• During the summer of 2010, myself and another artist, built and painted 4 large carnival games of my design, as well as building the interior of a 30 foot trailer with fold out stage for hosting events.
Custom Framing - Michael’s Arts and Crafts
• From 2008 to 2010 I worked as a custom framer and customer service representative at Michaels Frame shop. There, I ordered materials and constructed custom frames of several varieties as well as handled a large storage of delicate art.
Port Colborne High School (Ontario) 2004-2007
CNA - Architectural Engineering Technology (uncompleted) 2007 – 2009
Memorial University of Newfoundland – Bachelor of Arts in Geography 2009 - Present