fashion designer and small business professional
fashion designer · domestic clothing manufacturer · brand development · new product launch ·
web launch · lifestyle specialist/expert · blogger · communication · team leadership · yoga instructor
• Created, launched and leads a successful clothing apparel company.
• Expert in domestic clothing manufacturing
• Over 12 years of brand advertising, promotions and marketing success on major national brands in all forms of media including print, radio, television, outdoor, guerilla, online and promotions.
• Lifestyle marketing expert
Erin Braxton Loungewear Designer/Owner (April 2007 to present)
Creator and founder of a successful women’s apparel brand, sold to resorts, spas and boutiques around the country.
Designer and owner of Erin Braxton Loungewear, founded in 2003, the line launched in Spring 2005. The niche line is sold at retail locations around the country, including Westin Resorts and Spas, St. Regis Resorts, Wynn Las Vegas and Aria Las Vegas. Additionally, the collection maintains a growing web following.
• Created brand and concepts for Erin Braxton Loungewear
• Designed and spearheaded online presence, included web design, social media and SEO initiatives
• Initiate and maintain sales and relationships with major retailers and boutiques across the country.
• Manage blog and web articles
Shift, Brand Management Account Director (March 2005 to March 2007)
Urban advertising subsidiary of The Richards Group, the nation’s largest privately held advertising agency with
$1.5 billion in billings
Senior account management leader responsible for managing general market, Hispanic and urban advertising efforts for Greyhound Lines, Inc. Managed celebrity contract negotiations for well-known personalities to be used in broadcast advertising campaigns. Developed and created “Urban 101” presentation to help client focus marketing efforts and identify core target audience. Led client and client partners through urban educational workshop, resulting in adaptation of urban philosophy throughout national marketing, promotional and web campaigns.
• Spearheaded brand relaunch of the Greyhound national brand, resulting in increased brand awareness, and a 15% increase in brand appeal.
• Collaborated with strategic planning team to conduct qualitative and quantitative research studies on national branding campaigns.
• Reduced agency service costs resulting in profit increase of more than 150%.
Shift, Brand Management Account Supervisor (March 2001 to Feb. 2005)
Account management leader responsible for new business development and project management on multiple accounts including Nokia, Dr Pepper, Target, Empress Hair Care and ProLine Hair Care (an Alberto Culver company). Participated in and developed new business presentations. Collaborated with agency team, daily, to oversee workflow.
• Maintained at least a 20% profit on all agency accounts.
• Facilitated celebrity/client relationships for both Nokia and Dr Pepper with well-known celebrities including Hype Williams, Laila Ali and Jay Z.
• Implemented a national, 11-city sampling tour for Dr Pepper.
• Negotiated tie-in partnerships with secondary vendors for national promotions.
• Led new brand positioning project for African-American Museum.
• Successfully coordinated and managed agency teams in the launch of Empress Hair Care Products.
The Richards Group, Brand Management Account Executive (April 2000 to March 2001)
The nation’s largest privately held advertising agency with $1.5 billion in billings
Mid-level account management team member responsible for managing agency workflow from concept to completion.
• Managed client activity for accounts including ON Semiconductor, EyeMasters and LoanStream.
• Coordinated agency billing and project estimates.
• Oversaw the implementation of extensive media schedules consisting of television and
Neiman Marcus, Marketing Analyst (January 1999 to March 2000)
Leading department store retailer in luxury apparel, accessories and home décor
• Coordinated all aspects of corporate direct mail including customer segmentation and scheduling.
• Provided targeted customer lists to all stores for support of events, sales, promotions and trunk shows.
• Produced back-end response analysis and ROI for corporate promotions and mailings.
Tracy Locke (formerly DDB Promotions), Account Executive (May 1996 to September 1998)
Leading promotional advertising agency, owned by Omnicom
• Managed client activity for Pizza Hut National advertising business.
• Assisted in the coordination of franchisee meetings for Pizza Hut national account.
• Facilitated internal creative work orders from client direction.
• Supervised the execution of in-store collateral, free-standing inserts and packaging development.
University of Missouri, Columbia
Bachelor of Journalism, 1996
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, FileMaker Pro, PhotoShop, InDesign
References available upon request