High Desert Scribe Grant Writing Service
Services: I am passionate about making a difference by using my grant writing skills along with my project management and “people skills” to affect change. I work to provide grant and funding opportunity research, grant writing, and grant management services, and in some cases I provide project management. My work is tailored to the unique needs of my client, with open client communication and all deadlines being met. Currently my areas of experience are in education, adult education, service learning, the environment, mental health issues, recidivism reduction, addiction, and food security. I am always excited to explore new projects!
Grantsmanship Skills Summary: 80% Success Rate
• 2008 NM Roundtable Grant for Forensics for Special Education $4,000
• 2009 PNM Innovative Teacher Grant for Inquiring Minds Want to Explore, $3,000
• 2010 British Petroleum A+ For Energy for MDC Garden Project $10,000
• 2010 Albuquerque Community Foundation Grant for Frances Tinnin Park Phase I, $10,000
• 2011 Albuquerque Community Foundation Grant for Frances Tinnin Park Phase II, $10,000
• 2011 PNM energy Efficiency Grant – for St. Felix Pantry, Inc. , $5,000
• 2011 McCune Grant for Gordon Bernell Charter School, Suboxone Program, $7,500
• 2012 United Way for the Brown Box Delivery Program, $25,000, pending
• 2012 Mabee Foundation for St. Felix Pantry Energy Renovation, $150,000, pending
• 2012 Daniels Fund for St. Felix Brown Box Delivery Program, $25,000, pending
• More grants pending with requests ranging from $10,000 – 500,000.
• 2006 Highlands University/ Special Education Endorsement
• 2000 College of Santa Fe/ BA in Secondary Education/ Science Endorsement/ 4.0 GPA
Grant Writing Experience:
• Oct 2011 - present Urban Verbs Hip Hop Conservatory: Grant Research
• Nov 2010 – present St. Felix Pantry, Inc.: Research, write, and manage grants.
• 2009-present Gordon Bernell Charter School: Research, write, manage grants,
project management, mentoring students and staff on grant writing.
• 2007 - 2008 Rio Rancho High School Wrote grants for Special Education
Professional Organization: American Grant Writers’ Association 2010 - present
• 2008 – Present Gordon Bernell Charter School/ Science Teacher. Subjects taught: General Science, Biology, Chemistry, Astronomy, Anatomy & Physiology, Forensics, Independent Study, and Advisory. Developed multi-level, multi- topic curriculum.
• 2003 – 2008 Rio Rancho High School Subjects taught: Chemistry in the Community, Forensics, Zoology
Other Work Experience:
• 2001-2002 Forensic Toxicologist with NM Department of Health. Duties: blood alcohol analysis, training of Law Enforcement Officers, equipment repair and maintenance.
• 1992 – 1993 Research Technologist at UNM. Duties: Set up and ran molecular biology lab.
Project Skills Summary:
• 2011 – Present Board Member of Transforming Lives Foundation, a non-profit dedicated to promoting education, job placement, and service learning for adult students.
• 2011 – Present Project Support for InsideOut Recycling small business startup with students at Gordon Bernell Charter School. Community Liaison for service learning school projects.
• 2010 – present Board member of Hunger Grow Away, a non-profit food security organization
• 2009 – 2010 Worked with students to design and implement Metropolitan Detention Center Garden Project
• 2009 – Present Worked with students to design and implement France Tinnin Park, a small “green energy” Pocket Park, with Albuquerque Downtown Action Team and other community businesses.
• 2008 – 2010 Worked with students to design and implement Family Fieldtrips to assist in normalizing family relationships of recently incarcerated adult students with their children.
References: Excellent References Available Upon Request