Vidyuth Subbaiah K
Sr. User Interface Design Lead
Job Role Summary
UX / UI Interaction Designer
Information Architect (IA)
Mobile UX / UI Design
Strategy / UI Design
UI HE Reviewer
Tools/Skills/Experience - 7.7 years of work Experience.
Guide Junior Designers
Write User Style Guide
Creating user journey
Professional Experience Summaries
ARCHITECTURE: UX SOLUTIONS / UI DESIGNS / USER-CENTRIC DESIGN / INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE / USABILITY /
1. Focus in creating concise wireframes prototyping / visual simulations of both technical and creative
requirements for user-interfaces.
2. Thorough understanding of most processes and workflows that refine usability and accessibility options.
3. Creation of standard IA deliverables (low/high fidelity wireframes and prototypes, layouts, storyboards,
design sketches, diagrams, documentation, process flows, screen flows, use cases, navigational schemas,
taxonomies based on user-research and user-centric design practices, quantifiable metrics and analytics
within agile and waterfall environments.
ANALYSIS: WEB STRATEGY/ MARKET RESEARCH / SEO/ BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS / USER-RESEARCH /
USABILITY / HEURISTICS
Develop use-cases, personas from user-research and marketing analytics. Incorporate HCI/Cognitive heuristics
for all processes between user and interface. Analyze data from web metrics, strategic planning sessions,
competitive analysis, market research, and user-research. Mentor best practices to fellow senior architects.
UX Architect (Consultant Position, Houston Texas)
Mid-August 2011 to Present
Currently, working with a large company which is the world's second largest oilfield services corporation with
operations in more than 70 countries.
1. Innovate, participate in design in one of their product lines.
2. Manage Usability and Best Practices intranet site.
3. Participate in Iteration & planning meetings.
4. Design User Interface for their primary product lines and conduct Usability review and provide design
5. Creating wireframes including, layout, navigation, interaction and information design.
6. Creating and validating high level design concepts directly with external customers to define the design
Senior User Interface Design Lead (Houston Texas)
Early October 2010 to mid-August 2011 | Infosys Technologies Ltd
1. Conducting meetings with project stakeholders to understand domain. Identify and articulate
dependencies and risks to define the scope of the project.
2. Usually working onsite with project members to identify UI requirements. Conducting reviews, research
and comparative benchmarking activities to support onsite Requirement Gathering efforts.
3. Creating and validating high level design concepts directly with external customers to define the design
4. Creating wireframes including, layout, navigation, interaction and information design.
5. Conducting Customer Reviews to obtain detailed design sign-off.
6. Creating detailed UI specifications for extended applicability to hand-off proposed design for
7. Reviewing and validating the prototype to ensure compliance with the UI framework.
8. Assisting in usability testing as an observer to identify usability issues.
9. Reviewing the final solution and revising as necessary to ensure project sign-off.
10. Publishes knowledge artifacts to ensure knowledge sharing within the unit.
11. Creating personas and user scenarios. Using analytical tools (card sorting, statistical analysis).
I have won the Infosys CDG Excellence Award in the category of Customer Delight.
User Interface Design Lead (Onsite in USA)
Early October 2009 to September 2010 | Infosys Technologies Ltd
Onsite in the USA for a client who is world leader in manufacturing engines, I am responsible for handling and
maintaining multiple projects in here. Redesigning their existing internal & external web application and
websites is the majority of my work here. Redesigning process starts with a minor user research and creating
User Interface Requirement document, thereon creating wireframes which will define the complete
information architecture and Interaction design for the site or application.
Won Infosys Excellence Award in the category of Customer Delight.
Senior User Interface Designer | (Onsite in UK)
Mid Jan 2008 to Oct 2009 | Infosys Technologies Ltd
My role as a designer - Capturing and modeling of client's and user interface (UI) requirements as per
methodology and designing a suitable user experience based on analysis for usability and visual design.
Designing user interfaces for complex interactions and multiple channels. Guide UI designers and project
teams and provide UI design expert analyses and design reviews. Help influence client design decisions
and evangelize UI Design approaches among teams. Contribute to methodology improvements and
I was responsible for laying down wireframes and Information Architecture for Tesco Stores Limited (UK
retail giant) E-Commerce website. I am involved in creating wireframes from Business Requirement
Document (BRD) given by business. Using Visio, we translate BRD to wireframes. Guiding UI designers and
providing expert analysis, design reviews. Create web hierarchy and sitemap (IA) for Tesco.com.
Currently, I am involved in the seller portal before which I have worked on the customer portal of
UI Designer | (Onsite in Denmark)
Mid May 2007 to Mid Jan 2008 | ITC InfoTech Ltd
I was on a long term; 8 months to be precise, onsite project entitled "W3C Compliance for Business
Online". The client is Danske Bank, one of the largest banks in Denmark and entire Europe.
1. Creating simple but effective User Interface screens which would improve the User Experience
across the e-banking website for Danske Bank's newest acquisition "Sampo Bank".
2. Interacting directly with the client one-on-one helps me gain leverage to improve communication
and understand their needs. Work with construction designs for webpage's to create screens.
Rated by Danske Bank amongst the top 4 of the top 25 performers onsite for all the months.
Early August 2006 to Mid May 2007 | McAfee Software India Ltd
1. User Interface Development.
2. Creating cross Browsers compatible (IE 6.0 and 7.0, Firefox 1.5 and above) web pages.
3. Accessible and support different media (such as PDA's, Handheld devices).
4. Web Standards, Localization.
UI Developer Consultant
Early December 2005 to Late July 2006 | Infosys Technologies Ltd
1. User Interface Development.
2. Creating mockup for the E-Banking system "Finacle".
3. Worked with more than 400 pages across the site.
Mid June 2005 to Early October 2005 | Basil Communications Pvt. Ltd
1. Worked onsite at client campus "Base01 Interactive Ltd".
2. Handled developing of UI screens individually as I was the only web developer.
3. Creating cross Browsers compatible (IE 6.0 and 7.0, Firefox 1.5 and above) web pages.
4. Accessible and support different media (such as PDA's, Handheld devices).
5. Design to XHTML, CSS conversion which are pixel perfect to the PSD's supplied.
Early December 2004 to Mid June 2005 | Xserves India Pvt. Ltd
1. Design and development of company corporate website.
2. Implementation of XNet the corporate Intranet website.
3. Setup and managed the company sales website "Computer Kitchen".
Freelance Web Designer/ Developer
Mid April 2004 to Early December 2004
I worked as a freelance Designer developer interacting directly with the client. In the process learning and
building up my client interaction skills and meeting client needs. Setup and managed the company sales
website "Computer Kitchen".
1. Bachelor's Degree in Commerce [Specialization in Computer Applications] - 3 Year Fulltime -
Passed with Second Class.
2. Post Graduate Diploma In Computer Application - 1 Year Fulltime - Passed with 80% Distinction.
3. Certifications taken - Advanced Diploma in Multimedia (ADIM) from Arena Multimedia.
4. Local Leader, World Usability Day Bangalore. Actively Lead the World Usability Day Bangalore
Edition (http://www.wudbe.com/) kick off team alongside Regional Liaison.
5. Lead the College Basketball team to the finals of the, inter collegiate matches in the Mangalore
6. Have the recognition of being the first and foremost in Field Marshal K.M. Cariappa College to be
selected to the University Basketball team and there by leading the University Basketball Team.
7. I was one of the youngest faculties in the Field Marshal K M Cariappa College.