Management Supervisor - Sponsorships (2007 - Present)
Erwin-Penland Advertising - Greenville, SC
• Manages and maintains the sponsorship portfolio for Verizon which includes partnerships with properties such as the NFL, NHL, MLB, Disney, NASCAR and INDY Car racing, over 70 collegiate teams and 17 entertainment venues across the Nation.
• Responsible for the brand transition of 17 properties during the Verizon acquisition of Alltel. Properties included the naming rights on 2 major arenas in Little Rock, AR and Mankato, MN.
• Leads in the collaboration of several different agencies to execute the Verizon How Sweet the Sound™ program, now in its 4th year. This National program is targeted to the African American Gospel community and is a year round program with a 10 city tour, culminating with a National finale.
• Provides strategic direction to all team members, including both creative and interactive departments to develop creative executions across various mediums including print, radio, digital, and out of home.
• Creates and executes overall development of web based promotions, including online sweepstakes for Verizon and their sponsorship properties.
• Analyzes client data and develops action plans to align with Verizon’s business goals and objectives.
• Coordinates and manages the relationships with multiple departments within the agency including creative, experiential branding, interactive and promotions.
• Supervises support staff of 1 Senior Account Executive, 4 Account Executives, 2 Junior Account Executives and 1 Intern.
• Oversees preparation of client billing and manages account budgets and administration.
Promotions Manager (2005 - 2007)
GM R*Works - Alpharetta, GA
• Managed and coordinated Regional and local promotional events and tours for the Chevrolet division of General Motors. (15 local marketing groups within Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky and Tennessee)
• Supervised and led various contract vendors to include product specialists, promotional specialists and day labor as part of each event.
• Negotiated and executed promotional and sweepstakes agreements with various promoters and venues, increasing Chevrolet’s exposure to targeted demographics.
• Collaborated with clients, members of the team and other agencies to develop innovative ways to deliver the Chevrolet brand message to consumers.
• Created and implemented plans to introduce new launch vehicles to further leverage Chevrolet’s presence in the market, incorporating street teams and grassroots Marketing efforts.
• Maintained all event budgets and track sales results to effectively evaluate each promotion. Provide
pre-event communication and post event recaps to local marketing managers, zone managers and dealers for each event.
Marketing and Promotions Department - Manager (2003 - 2005)
American Hole ‘n One - Atlanta, GA
• Built and developed Promotions Department, created and improved support systems, and recruited and trained new employees. Supervised staff of 3 Promotion Coordinators, 1 Print Coordinator, and
1 Full-Time Intern.
• Accountable for all aspects of contest execution and implementation for every contest and sweepstakes sold by 15 individual Account Executives (average of 200 contest/sweepstakes per month with companies such as General Motors, Dreamworks, Nike, Coke, and Levis).
• Prepared and fulfilled all sweepstakes and contests (wrote Official Contest Rules, developed POS materials, selected and notified prize winners, coordinated all travel, and executed all contests from conception to completion).
• Consulted with radio stations, sports teams, auto dealerships, and various corporate accounts to create promotions customized for their individual needs (i.e. Clear Channel, Citadel, Cumulus, Tennessee Titans, Harley Davidson, US Bank, etc.).
Promotions Director (2002 - 2003)
Cumulus Media Inc. - Atlanta, GA
• Coordinated national radio promotions (8 total – 3 international) for contest winners from 281 radio stations twice a year during the spring and fall book rating periods. Conceptualized each format specific promotion to assist the stations in execution. Planned and coordinated the entire course of events for each promotion (flights, hotel accommodations, ground transportation, welcome receptions, and the actual promotion).
• Supervised the Database Marketing Initiative which serves the loyal listener clubs for 102 stations. Served as the liaison between the corporate offices, participating markets and all outside vendors. Managed the part time data entry staff consisting of 15 individuals.
• Oversaw the allocation of budgets, execution of monthly promotions, and external marketing for 12 media markets consisting of 55 stations.
• Assisted in planning and coordination of non-traditional revenue events. Secured venues, lighting companies, and sound companies for concerts. Served as the liaison between the artist’s managers and the event venue.
National Sports Account Executive (2001 - 2002)
American Hole ‘n One - Atlanta, GA
• Established new accounts and created innovative programs serving sports leagues, teams, and corporate partners to provide guaranteed prize coverage up to $2,000,000 for more than 20,000 events.
• Developed customized sales promotions to help leverage incremental dollars for sports teams and sporting events that increase sponsor revenue, ticket sales, and create in-stadium excitement (i.e Detroit Pistons, Atlanta Braves, New York Giants, New Jersey Devils, and Mahoning Valley Scrappers).
• Cultivated preferred vendor partnerships with large corporate entities such as the International League, Midwest League, Arena Football 2 League, College Football Bowl Association, and East Coast Hockey League.
Director of Community Relations (1999 - 2000)
Chattanooga Lookouts - Chattanooga, TN
• Coordinated all special events and promotions for both pre-game and in game events to include: national anthems, first pitch, honorary bat boys/girls, special pre-game presentations, in-game giveaways, all outside promotional events and player appearances.
• Executed sponsor agreements, client servicing for local advertisers and VIP schedule for media.
• Ran and supervised all activities for luxury suites including rentals, payments, catering, and any special events or occasions.
Consultant and Event Coordinator
2001 & 2002 AND1 Mix Tape Tour
• Orchestrated the 2001 & 2002 AND1 Mix Tape Tour in LA, NYC, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Detroit and Chicago. Served as event coordinator and player relations representative for the urban basketball outdoor streetball experience. Responsible for securing high profile venues (i.e. Venice Beach, Riverbank State Park, and Belle Isle) and conducting game day operations.
• Toured with the 2002 AND1 Mix Tape Tour through 6 different cities to facilitate the player appearances, open runs, and player demonstrations.
• Coordinated the hotels and transportation from one city to the next for the 25 city tour.
EDUCATION UNIVERSITY OF GEORGIA (Athens, GA)
Masters in Business Administration (August 2007)
AUBURN UNIVERSITY (Auburn, AL)
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (June 1999)