I am a freelance writer in many disciplines. Since 2006, I've built a business writing press releases, articles, blogs, website content, and much more on many topics and for many clients. I also do ghostwriting and have some technical writing experience. A client once told me my writing is "making the web a better, more informative place". Safe to say that is my goal.
I aim to use this site as an extension to my business and to connect with other freelancers. My resume is posted below to provide an example of some of the work I've done. Feel free to contact me regarding any writing project.
In my spare time, I write songs, fake news, and stories. I just can't get away from writing! My other passions include music, meteorology, and making guacamole.
For details on my work history and writing skills, please see my resume below.
Objective – To apply my writing, editing, and Internet skills as a freelance writer and contribute to the overall success of the company.
• Press Release Writing
• Content Writing
• Website Copy Writing
• SEO Writing
• Online Research
• Article Writing
• Blog Writing
• Product Description Writing
• Resume Writing
• Whitepaper Writing
WriterAccess – May 2015 – Present
• Level 4 writer (Out of 5 for initial rating). Completed content orders per client guidelines. Acceptance is based on completion of advanced writing test and submission of high-quality samples.
Fiverr.com – January 2013 – Present
• Level 2 Seller. Wrote 1,200+ press releases for buyers in numerous markets. Many have been accepted by PRWeb, PR Newswire, and other news distributors.
ProfCopy – October 2012 – Present
• Completed bulk orders to write Facebook/Twitter Bios, Tweets, and Social Media posts for clients. 2/15 to present.
• Completed ghostwriting assignments for enterprise IT cloud computing blog on GoLime.com. All posts from 11/29/12 through 3/15.
• Wrote concise whitepapers focused on enterprise IT trends and issues.
• Produced informative articles comparing popular career websites.
Vertical Measures – July 2008 – Present
• Wrote professional articles and guides for company clients
• Wrote press releases based on client specifications.
• Wrote SEO content articles based on websites and guidelines provided.
• Completed blog post projects according to specified guidelines.
• Wrote sales-oriented website content based on supplied guidelines.
• Contributed to the content of an online landscaping guide.
Thomas Publishing – July 2006 – Present
New York, NY
• Wrote concise editorial summaries of new product releases for publication on news.thomasnet.com.
• Edited and Categorized Products in the News press releases.
• Rated and reviewed manufacturer’s websites for OnSite WebReviews on news.thomasnet.com – February 2009 – November 2009.
Writer/Editor for the independent newsletter and website: www.embellished-1news.com – May 2006 – present (Based on the Embellished-1 News newsletter started in 1996).
DocRocket – January 2010 – October 2013
• Conducted online research on and wrote product descriptions of automobile parts.
• Wrote articles on vacation rentals and popular travel destinations.
• Composed blogs on U.S. agricultural policy and the solar power industry in Hawaii.
• Researched and wrote formatted articles on U.S. Navy destroyers for asbestos-related project.
Credit Enhancement, LLC – November 2013 – December 2013
• Conceptualized and wrote newsworthy press releases based on the company’s services.
• Edited financial professionals’ resumes to fit company letterhead.
• Wrote bios of company professionals based on their skills, experience, and value to the firm.
Green Bananas SEO – August 2013 – October 2013
• Wrote location-specific webpage content for a telecommunications provider.
Content Customs – October 2012 – April 2013
• Wrote press releases based on client-supplied information.
• Wrote blog articles based on current events for the company’s legal clients.
Conjecture Corporation – December 2010 – January 2012
• Wrote informational, SEO-based articles on a variety of subjects for WiseGEEK.com.
Second Step Search – May 2010 – April 2011
• Wrote keyword-based articles for various marketing campaigns.
Content Prose – January 2010
• Wrote keyword-focused SEO articles for online distribution.
Demand Studios – May 2008 – October 2010
• Wrote instructional articles, in various formats, for inclusion on eHow.com website.
Prior Work History
Production Assistant – November 2001 – July 2006
New York, NY
• Screened press releases for PNN database inclusion and suitability.
• Entered press releases and company data into PNN editorial site.
• Created concise editorial summaries of new product releases for publication on PNN site.
• Assisted in design and testing of new editorial site.
Temporary Employment – April 2001 – November 2001
New York, NY
• Thomas Publishing – May 2001 – November 2001
Intern – January 2001 – March 2001
New York, NY
• Updated subscription database for Bust Magazine.
• Attained contact information from major publications and networks.
• Edited website content.
• B.F.A., Brooklyn College, 2000 – Creative Writing
• Available upon request.