MICHELLE M. EARLE
267-718-9675 • Hilton Head Island, SC 29928
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
••• Accomplished Visual Communications professional with 20+ years’ experience in art direction,
consultancy and graphic design encompassing brand identity, market research, product marketing,
product packaging, advertising, retail store design and merchandising; utilize technical skills, creative aptitude, leadership and strong communications.
••• Able to manage all phases of project development from conceptualization through design, development and implementation; achievement in positioning high-profile companies for success including
New Line Cinema, Mattel Toys and Warner Brothers.
AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
Visual Communications Retail Store Design Consultancy Brand Identity
Marketing Products Web Design Project Development Product Packaging Print Production Budget Management Market Research, Trends Deadline Conditions
Internet Marketing Visual Merchandising Promotional Literature Product Development
Computer Skills: Macintosh: Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Acrobat and
Vector Works (CAD)
ME Design Group, Hilton Head Island, SC 2007 – Present
Consultant / Designer / Creative Direction
• Retail store design combining the usage of architecture, fixtures, tiles, floor design, color and
graphics with the retailers’ image and product mix.
• Maintain the latest trends and technology.
• Research market and consumer trends.
• Create brand identity, sales materials and web design positioning companies for success.
Off the Wall Company, Inc., Telford, PA 2002 – 2007
Retail Store Design Director
• Developed brand identity, graphic communication, interior design and merchandisers for
• Maintain trends and technology in architecture, interior design, visual merchandising, graphics,
fixtures and lighting.
• Research market and consumer trends.
• Provide service to various clients including Giant Food Stores, National Penn Bank,
Wawa Food Stores, Ritz Camera, Shop-Rite and Kodak.
ME Design Group, Marina Del Ray, CA 2001 – 2002
Consultant / Creative Director
• Re-branded Warner Brothers, Looney Tunes and Baby Looney Tunes product lines.
• Created identity for Ratheon’s new Marketing Department.
• Designed video campaigns for New Line Cinema.
• Created Line Look for Universal Studios theme packaging.
New Line Cinema, Los Angeles, CA 1997 – 2001
Director of Graphic Design
• Created in-house graphics department for Home Video.
• Hired and managed in-house graphics team, freelance designers, photographers and copywriters.
• Hands-on art direction for trade show design, packaging, ads, DVD menus and brochures.
• Decreased costs $400K through use of in-house design team.
• Introduced animated e-mails as cost-effective means of advertising.
• Purchased and maintained computer equipment.
• Designed DVD line look and in-store display.
• Created DVD specifications package for freelance designers.
• Responsible for strategic re-design of the Widescreen Edition.
Mattel, Inc., El Segundo, CA 1994 – 1997
• Provided art direction and design for Mattel’s #1 selling brand.
• Hired and directed production designers, illustrators, models, set designers,
photographers and other graphic designers.
• Implemented knowledge of market trends and technology for design and packaging.
• Made presentations to marketing department.
• Contributed to in-store space planning for mainline product.
• Assisted in meeting engineering challenges affecting aesthetics.
Faber-Castell Corporation, Parsippany 1992 – 1994
Senior Designer / Staff Photographer
• Responsible for the design of packaging, point of purchase displays, sales literature,
logos, line art, annual reports and marketing theme materials.
• Provided in-house photography utilizing 4x5, 21/4 and 35mm equipment.
Additional Experience: Test-Rite Products, Package Designer, Fairfield, NJ 1989 – 1992
EDUCATION and TRAINING
B.A. Bachelor of Arts Degree in Advertising Design
New Jersey City University, Jersey City, NJ